Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From CIA to cop

Site Supporter
    Skinner's pronouncements sound like what are probably cliches from criminal justice 101. He's egotistical and full of shit too. He became a beat cop because he needed a job.

Because The New Yorker is where I look for insightful reportage on Law Enforcement. Or Intelligence Collection and Analysis. Or anything.

"A cooter colored truck"? Surprised they didn't include a map to remind The New Yorker's readers of where Georgia is...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Enlighten me, oh smartest guy in the room...how, exactly, has American law enforcement been treating people like we're in Fallujah?

What a fucking bullshit artist; he's been a cop for 45 minutes and he's got it all figured out... He won't last.
    He'll bounce from department to department to department.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It is true that there are still a lot of Crown Vics on the road.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    We have a fleet full of them.....over 400 sworn here at my agency.

They are all junk and unworthy of being part of a cab fleet....yet we expect younger, rookie officers to save the day with those heaps. Several with 1/4 million miles on the odo.

As far as the CIA guy, I will admit that I didn't make it through the article and have my doubts as well. My first thought was "What's the guy doing working some PD for chump change with that sort of resume?"

And yes, winter time in the deep south can get cold but I will admit that I roll year long in short sleeves and rarely don a jacket while on duty. It's cold....but I wouldn't call it bitter. Now the heat? We can bring the heat down here.

Regards.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    We've got quite a few of them. Interceptors are replacing them, but we run cars until they die so they are done via attrition rather than en masse.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've never been a senior anything,” Skinner said. “Always a rookie.”
    Then listening to you is akin to letting high school kids set national policy on gun rights.

I quit reading after that and the litany of working here and there for a few years at a time. Shut up and work your beat, Rook.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Remember the 1980s Chevys? We ran some of our so long that you couldn't attempt a stop for speed unless you had a rolling start.

As far as the CIA part, it sounds like BS except that the government hired a lot of unqualified people to work with the provisional government in Iraq.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

And if memory serves, he said we need more training in "de-escalation".

I'm bout sick of that. I've got 23 years experience in "de-escalation"............I'd say I'm a daggum professional expert at it after dealing with thousands and thousands of idiots and drama queens in 23 years of police street level calls.

Gimme a break. That's about the last training I need.

Give me some active shooter training with live rounds and range time (which, apparently, is asking for the moon these days) and keep your de-escalation.........I could write a textbook on that.

I laughed pretty hard at the article. My favorite part where it said he and 4 other cops were clearing a building and he was the only one to keep his weapon holstered because they will shoot each other with guns out. Wonder if the CIA taught him that nugget of wisdom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

User Tag List