Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From CIA to cop

From CIA to cop

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-who-came-home

Interesting piece on an experienced CIA operative now working a beat in Savannah.

Site Supporter
    I'd be intrigued to know what Skinner's beat partners and the case officers with whom he worked think about his abilities and performance. For that matter, I wonder what his fellow Coast Guard members, Capitol Police, and FAM's thought of him/

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I'd be intrigued to know what Skinner's beat partners and the case officers with whom he worked think about his abilities and performance. For that matter, I wonder what his fellow Coast Guard members, Capitol Police, and FAM's thought of him/
    Judging from the article, there's definitely a lot of bullshit being stepped in.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

From CIA to cop

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Judging from the article, there's definitely a lot of bullshit being stepped in.
    I was unaware that Savanna Georgia was “bitterly cold” any month. To be honest, the whole article was less believable than anything Clancy, Flynn, or Thor ever wrote. I could be completely off base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 05-03-2018 at 07:51 PM.

I fell asleep twice reading it.......
    I to am curious about what his previous co-workers think of him.
    I worked with a guy almost exactly like him. He went on to become chief of a small police department. Everyone hated working for him and he was removed within two years.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    I fell asleep twice reading it.....
    I worked with a guy almost exactly like him. He went on to become chief of a small police department. Everyone hated working for him and he was removed within two years.
    In the CIA, or just ultra liberal?

Gypsy cops always have a reason they move around a lot ...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I was unaware that Savanna Georgia was “bitterly cold” any month. To be honest, the whole article was less believable than anything Clancy, Flynn, or Thor ever wrote. I could be completely off base.

I am a Savannah native. "Bitterly Cold" to us may be different than your definition. 19 degrees, high humidity, and wind coming off the Savannah River was plenty cold for me. We probably define "hot" in the summer differently than other areas too.

Enlighten me, oh smartest guy in the room...how, exactly, has American law enforcement been treating people like we're in Fallujah?

What a fucking bullshit artist; he's been a cop for 45 minutes and he's got it all figured out... He won't last.

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List