Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire, their products may be expensive but

Surefire, their products may be expensive but

But their customer service also sucks.

Bought a Surefire XC2 in March. It failed on first range session. Took about 30 minutes on hold to get a RMA. They received my defective unit on April 10. Today, spent fifteen minutes on hold to follow up and learn they had no idea why I didn’t have a replacement.

Surefire has fallen so far from their glory days of years past.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    based off of one transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    But their customer service also sucks.

Bought a Surefire XC2 in March. It failed on first range session. Took about 30 minutes on hold to get a RMA. They received my defective unit on April 10. Today, spent fifteen minutes on hold to follow up and learn they had no idea why I didn’t have a replacement.

I've got a P3X Fury I bought a couple years ago that for no explainable reason - has reduced to like 40 lumen vs 1000 with fresh batteries. The other one is still fine. I thought, SF no sweat.

I explained it all and figured I'd get a RMA Springfield Armory style and send it. Not yet. I've got to capture some pics of what I'm seeing and send them to the CS guy. Been meaning to.

Hopefully he'll jump on it when I do.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    based off of one transaction?
    Based on pretty consistent complaints about SF's Customer Service? The number of hours people have spent on the phone with defective products is probably nearly equal to the number of hours most Surefire Fanbois spend saying they use their flashlights...

Streamlight remains my go-to source for weapon lights and hand-held flashlights. Though I really wish they'd do a positive-lockout high-low only flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I really wish they'd do a positive-lockout high-low only flashlight.
    THIS.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I've had decent SF customer service, and a few crap experiences too. I guess they're not the best, and far from the worst.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

First, I consider these three experiences — defective product followed by two unsatisfactory calls. Then there is the E1B light replacement I got this year that is heavy, has a big head, no click tail cap and is expensive in cost. Then there were the items I bought during their Christmas 2016 sale, that they just cancelled weeks later with the explanation that they didn’t have the product, despite accepting my order and taking my money. When I explained I could have gotten them from other retailers for the same price, their response was just NO.

Sorry, they suck.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ugh. Yes. Suck.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Though I really wish they'd do a positive-lockout high-low only flashlight.
    Repeat after me: "Malkoff"

Any of their MD series lights with a high-low bezel switch will do this: tighten bezel for high, back off 1/8 turn for low, back it off another turn or so to lock it out.

Bummer. The few Surefire lights I have I like but if their CS sucks I'll look elsewhere for future purchases.

User Tag List