Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts to drop "boy" from name and accept girls joining in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My first wife would stress when I asked her to navigate on long trips. I would tease her that the Girl Scouts did not have a map reading badge. I can see how this will help with numbers but I think it will hurt as much as it will help.
    It'll seem very cool at first. Then the females will provide a list of "small changes" that they need, and then another, and then another... and then they'll need more women and diversity in the leadership, for diversity's sake of course... it'll eventually transform into a PC Leftist Indoctrination Camp. No escaping the leftist utopia... now it'll chase your ass deep into the forest.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    What few know is the logistics of supervision required for Boy Scouts. All scouting activities require 2 over 1 leadership. A minimum of Two adults must be present at all Scouting events which include Hikes, Camporees, Weekend Camp outs... If a girl wants to join a Troop with all male adult leadership then two women must step up and participate in any outdoor program involving girls. A camp out that currently is boys only can go with 2 male adults. Add a girl or girls and now you need 2 male adults and 2 female adults. (What I really want to know is if those adults must be biologically male of female or if "Identifying as" is good enough.) I don't think there will be a huge number of moms or women standing in line to get involved with outdoor activities. I may be wrong.
    As a former YMCA camp counselor and director, I fully understand the serious reasons for this. I still have jokes:

Name:  WILLIE.gif
Views: 395
Size:  25.4 KB

But more seriously, I was raised in an organization that had its own organized scout-like activities, which were coed. It was fine. In high school, I did Key Club. That worked well. As an adult, I did a lot of years going to YMCA camps as a volunteer, and that was coed. I think if they can get it working well, it can work well. I hope they understand that difference and on occasion separation can be healthy and beautiful, and that the whole experiment isn't wrecked by SJWs who act from a platform that any difference or separation whatsoever is inherently unjust.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    but you don’t see GS enrollment numbers floundering and them allowing boys to participate.
    Girl Scouts:
    2003 membership: 3.8 million
    2014 membership: 2.9 million
    2017 membership: 2.6 million

They are also losing members, and the rate is accelerating. They probably won't let in boys, but they'll either have to adapt somehow or die off.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Girl Scouts:
    2003 membership: 3.8 million
    2014 membership: 2.9 million
    2017 membership: 2.6 million

They are also losing members, and the rate is accelerating. They probably won't let in boys, but they'll either have to adapt somehow or die off.
    Sorry if my point wasn’t clear. Both are groups are losing members at a rapid pace due to a bunch of different reasons, but you don’t see Them making drastic changes like BSA
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Dunno about Girl Scouts except that my twin sister was a Brownie, circa 1950s, and definitely had fun at it.

I was in Cub Scouts in the same period ('50s), and so were both of my boys, in the '80s.

We did boy stuff, earned "merit badges" went camping and learned woodcraft.

This modern pseudo-egalitarian, pretended "gender-blind" crap now being proposed is for confused politically-correct idiots.
    Boys are boys. Girls are girls. They're different in lots of ways, and it's altogether appropriate that they should be.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

As it turns out most people in leadership roles outside of real jobs tend to ruin things.
    I think the phenomenon is spreading to the workplace too, bro.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Sorry if my point wasn’t clear. Both are groups are losing members at a rapid pace due to a bunch of different reasons, but you don’t see Them making drastic changes like BSA
    I'm not sure remaining stagnant in the face of declining membership is a positive step. I hate change more than the next guy, but if they don't adapt they'll fade away into nothing.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Regarding Girl Scouts, it’s a much more flexible program compared to BSA. It’s not without its issues, but you don’t see GS enrollment numbers floundering and them allowing boys to participate.
    Yes you do. GS enrollment is dropping faster than BS. Read that in today’s WSJ.

Scouting is in decline because doing right and living outward are in decline. As our society becomes more secular and self absorbed scouts get smaller and smaller, and have to be more secular and money driven to stay around.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Both are groups are losing members at a rapid pace due to a bunch of different reasons,
    Our Troop lost a few boys when BSA said that they would now accept gay Scouts. One boy who had three older brothers who made Eagle with our Troop told me he could no longer recite the Scout Oath in good conscience. He was well on his way to Eagle but chose to walk away from Scouting.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...if they don't adapt they'll fade away into nothing.
    That will never happen. They'll license the cookies to Walmart, the price will drop, the sales will go up 1000 percent, and the national executives will upgrade their mansions without having to deal with all those annoying moms and little girls.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List