Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Boy Scouts to drop "boy" from name and accept girls joining in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I have no words.
    "Be prepared"

Too soon?
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 05-22-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    "Be prepared"

Too soon?
    LoL! never too soon for humor -- unless one needs the implanted stick surgically removed from the nether...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    The BSA is simply doing what the Military has had to do over the past 20-someodd years.

Most units are now coed. Most forms of basic training, AIT, etc are all coed. Most chains of command have both males and females in it. At least one Soldier in my AO is transgender (and yes, that is a complicated thing)

So now we have lots of people so disappointed with the BSA and ready to let it die, simply for doing what the armed forces have been forced to do?

What's better - a structured scouting experience that maintains its ideals of being a good human being with a basis in self-reliance, or a cultural anachronism that isn't mirrored anywhere else in society including the armed forces?
    Sure, I was a Star scout back in the day so I have my sentimental feelings about it. These changes in the Army have been uncomfortable at times and a real headache at other times, but it's happening.

We can either choose to maintain the values we can and overcome this shit, or we can wring our hands and cry about how the crazy gays/trans/feminists/etc have ruined everything - thereby letting everything get ruined.

Site Supporter
    The Boy Scouts is a private organization and not - as you pointed out - forced to do thing as the Military.

BSA is a private organization, sure; but with their continuing declines in attendance and ever-worsening publicity of their long-whispered of dirty laundry, they are most likely looking at broad-scale restructuring as a survival measure.

https://gearjunkie.com/boy-scouts-se...8boi-M59H6togI

Like Ultron said, “You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change.“
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List