Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Colt Cobra

@Dagga Boy don’t be shy about letting us know where to find and procure your prose. I’d bump that to the top of the nightstand list...

@FotoTomas briefly, please don’t take postive new Cobra posts—at least mine—as any indication of disbelief, just because mine was a dandy. I have, for example, a wonderfully smooth S&W 642 that went on my morning hike with me today, but the 642 I bought before it (I’m on my 3rd) was... not as good...

Figured I’d voice the sentiment, FWIW.

CWM11B
    Let us know when the article drops, I, for one, am very interested in it. Am much as I enjoy my pistols, I'm finding more and more my everyday gun is a 442 in a pocket holster. For some reason, the snub, especially the J frame, has always called to me. I am very interested in the Night Cobra. I had a parkerized 1980s era Agent that I sold in the mid 90s. I still regret letting it go.

[QUOTE=Dagga Boy;738116]
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    ....as an update I went and talked to both Smith and Colt today. I came away much more impressed with what I heard with the Cobra.... So far....I like what I see and the progression and changes as the gun is developed basically as a new product.
    Can you share what you learned about the Colt that impressed you? Thank you.
    Last edited by Willard; 05-06-2018 at 05:12 PM.

On the subject of the new cobra, if colt brings out an alloy version, my alloy hi power will be sold to fund an alloy cobra.

That also applies if smith reintroduced the 315ng or a snubby 310 or an updated m12.

Whichever hits the market first.

I too await db’s article and extended test of the new cobra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW, I stopped carrying my beat up Detective Special when I noticed what may be a stress fracture starting in a cylinder. Could just be a scratch but, I like the idea of being able to practice with my carry ammo and come home all my digits attached.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    On the subject of the new cobra, if colt brings out an alloy version, my alloy hi power will be sold to fund an alloy cobra.

That also applies if smith reintroduced the 315ng or a snubby 310 or an updated m12.

Whichever hits the market first.

I too await db’s article and extended test of the new cobra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likewise. I would sell a half dozen polymer bottom feeders to fund a pair of whichever comes first.

Some of the posts indicate a lot of the issues. We love the old guns, but lack the means to really maintain them. This is where the potential for good lies in the new Colts, especially if the do an aluminum framed version. The Rugers are awesome in this regard and many of the Smiths have potential....except they keep being locked into the idea of giving customers what they don’t want or flawed execution.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I will certainly consider another one if I get to test fire first and I am willing to buy a new aluminum Cobra sight unseen to give it a try. I know in advance though that they will never match that classic 1961 Detective Special on my desk.

Today, I finally had a chance to handle one of the new Cobras. I have to say, while more spendy than the competition, I didn't see anything I didn't like. Yes, the aesthetics leave something to be desired, but I have vintage guns for that.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 06-01-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Any indication of an ally frame version coming down the pike?

User Tag List