Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Colt Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Uh, that’s not a beater.
    Have you seen some of his other wheelie posts? Yes. Yes it is...

There are people out there who consider a clean, daily driver ‘82 911sc Porsche with some patina on it their beater. I’m not one of them, but...

As to new Cobras, the one I had was perfectly fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 05-05-2018 at 10:15 AM. Reason: pics...

Nice shooting! Hope Colt's has the teething problems worked out. The reason I sold my old D Frames was: Lack of parts and support! Same reason I sold the Kimber K6s.

Went back to Ruger SPs. Happy with them. Lots of parts, warranty work and accessories.

Uh, that’s not a beater.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No lie, it that's a beater, I'd be happy to adopt it at "beater" price!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Nice shooting!
    Went back to Ruger SPs. Happy with them. Lots of parts, warranty work and accessories.
    Plus, you can detail strip them yourself. Nothing wrong with the old SP.

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Sidheshooter;737730]Have you seen some of his other wheelie posts? Yes. Yes it is...

yep, I seen DB's revolver posts. he has nice guns. very nice guns. the agent he posted is a nice gun, cause if he calls that a beater, I'd be happy with his culls.

these are what I call beaters.

Name:  7F9390D8-528E-4749-9477-3EDD3D93E9D4_zpswirojc7g.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  66.7 KB

Those two guns aren't beaters. They are guns with a lot of well earned character...

[QUOTE=serialsolver;737859]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Have you seen some of his other wheelie posts? Yes. Yes it is...

yep, I seen DB's revolver posts. he has nice guns. very nice guns. the agent he posted is a nice gun, cause if he calls that a beater, I'd be happy with his culls.

these are what I call beaters.

Name:  7F9390D8-528E-4749-9477-3EDD3D93E9D4_zpswirojc7g.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  66.7 KB
    Love both! I would love to find a non-shrouded Agent with the hammer shroud. I have what I call the beater I carry a bunch and a twin in the box. The hard thing for me is I got into the D frame’s late because they were not popular in my area when I started in cop work. These days, getting one in good mechanical shape is the key. I just got my wife a birth month and year Cobra. I have one as well. Hers is a little rough, but they don’t come around everyday with the right build period.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Dagga Boy;738026]

Love both! I would love to find a non-shrouded Agent with the hammer shroud. I have what I call the beater I carry a bunch and a twin in the box. The hard thing for me is I got into the D frame’s late because they were not popular in my area when I started in cop work. These days, getting one in good mechanical shape is the key. I just got my wife a birth month and year Cobra. I have one as well. Hers is a little rough, but they don’t come around everyday with the right build period.
    That’s another nice d frame.

I like the old cobra better than the agent. The agent is a good pocket gun but short grip is harder for me to shoot well and is a bad knuckler. I’m going to try a Tyler t grip to see if it helps. The old cobra with the longer grip frame fits my hand best and I shoot it better. Agree on the mechanics of the colts. I have been successful in fixing and tuning a few of them. Which is why I’ll take a chance on an old colt with a lot of wear.

(Heavy sigh) with compounding health issues the old cobra has become my edc, improving my quality of life. My abilities to gear up anymore has been vastly limited.

The j frame or d frame lifestyle has come upon me and over taken me.

I have little to no faith in any mnufacturers ability to provide consistent QC these days. Colt is no different. These days you're playing Vegas no matter what. With pending retirement, I'm starting to eye my Detective Special, or my snub nose Model 10 more and more as possible carry options.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 05-06-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

[QUOTE=serialsolver;738065]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post

That’s another nice d frame.

I like the old cobra better than the agent. The agent is a good pocket gun but short grip is harder for me to shoot well and is a bad knuckler. I’m going to try a Tyler t grip to see if it helps. The old cobra with the longer grip frame fits my hand best and I shoot it better. Agree on the mechanics of the colts. I have been successful in fixing and tuning a few of them. Which is why I’ll take a chance on an old colt with a lot of wear.

(Heavy sigh) with compounding health issues the old cobra has become my edc, improving my quality of life. My abilities to gear up anymore has been vastly limited.

The j frame or d frame lifestyle has come upon me and over taken me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I have little to no faith in any mnufacturers ability to provide consistent QC these days. Colt is no different. These days you're playing Vegas no matter what. With pending retirement, I'm starting to eye my Detective Special, or my snub nose Model 10 more and more as possible carry options.
    I have an article pending about living the snub lifestyle that should be out with a major magazines web stuff. There is a means and place for it.

So....as an update I went and talked to both Smith and Colt today. I came away much more impressed with what I heard with the Cobra. I will be acquiring at least one and hopefully two Night Cobras to begin seriously evaluating. Most know how I do that stuff and it will be an actually carrying and shooting test. Easy evaluation...if I send the company a check back rather than the guns back it is a big indicator that it is a GTG gun. So far....I like what I see and the progression and changes as the gun is developed basically as a new product.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List