Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Read

Hammertime

Interesting Read

Saw this article posted by Claude Werner (@HeadHunter)

It involves brutal armored car robberies(@Sherman A. House DDS). How the FBI cracked the case is real cloak and dagger spy versus spy stuff.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/article...-armored-cars/
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 05-02-2018 at 09:01 PM.

That is was an amazing story. It is like that movie 'Heat' the way the gang leader planned and work. The FBI agents were impressive too. I wouldn't surprise if they made a movie out of this story.

Site Supporter
    He seemed like a low life long before he became an evil low life.

You think you know someone, and later you discover that person ...

That was an interesting read, thanks for posting it.

Fascinating and well written.

Thanks for posting that.

It's an eye-opener on some tactical levels...and on a human behavior level. The amount of rationalization going on to paint the dead robber as a basically "good" guy is sickening.

Oh, and the writer hypothesizing that banks and the police were responsible for the behavior of a guy who was involved in some kind of criminal activity since his teens, plus non-support of his children, etc...?

"high powered hand gun" So...not a Taurus?

"There’s a simple reason for this glaring difference: there is far less peril in robbing a bank than an armored car. Most banks don’t have armed security guards patrolling the lobbies...A criminal who robs an armored car, however, knows he’s putting his life on the line. " The argument against gun free zones, in a nutshell.

Good article. Thanks for the share. Agreed. It could make a good movie.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Interesting Read

Quote Originally Posted by Qaz98 View Post
    "There’s a simple reason for this glaring difference: there is far less peril in robbing a bank than an armored car. Most banks don’t have armed security guards patrolling the lobbies...A criminal who robs an armored car, however, knows he’s putting his life on the line. "
    I don’t mean to overly picky, but bank robbers aren’t making off with the kind of loot that they can get from knocking over an armored car. Most bank robbers are “in, grab the cash that the tellers have, and get out in less than two minutes”. They want to be out and gone before there is any chance of a police response, barring the risk that there happens to be a cop 300 feet away when they pull their job.

For the banks, what the robbers are taking from them is pretty much chump change. It’s not worth the risk to life (and the exposure to litigation) of having armed guards on the premises. Besides that, it seems that the clearance rate for bank robberies is rather high.

Bank robbery is a crime of idiots.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 05-03-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Thanks for posting. Very interesting read.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

User Tag List