Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta BU9 Nano

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Jody, I was wondering if there were any updates worthy of note on how your Nano is running and your impressions after a spell now?
    5 FTE (type 3's) in 400 rounds of Winchester 124gr. NATO and RWS 124gr..
    Was returned to Beretta on March 1 (they issued a UPS call tag) estimated turnaround is 2 weeks.
    My guess is an out of spec extractor or weak extractor spring.
    We'll see how it runs when I get it back.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    5 FTE (type 3's) in 400 rounds of Winchester 124gr. NATO and RWS 124gr..
    Was returned to Beretta on March 1 (they issued a UPS call tag) estimated turnaround is 2 weeks.
    My guess is an out of spec extractor or weak extractor spring.
    We'll see how it runs when I get it back.
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I just saw Hickock45 ringing the long gong with one.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I just saw Hickock45 ringing the long gong with one.
    I've met Hickok45. He shops @ at my LGS and has used several of my friends firerarms in his vids.

Anything yet, JodyH?

Got it back with a note that the extractor had been replaced and 100 rounds fired with no malfunctions.
    On round #24 of Federal AE 124gr. FMJ I had a FTE double feed.
    I raised enough hell that Beretta issued another UPS call tag and it's going straight back to Accokeek, MD so they can repair it in house (instead of their contract warranty shop, Bolsa Gunsmithing).

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Got it back with a note that the extractor had been replaced and 100 rounds fired with no malfunctions.
    On round #24 of Federal AE 124gr. FMJ I had a FTE double feed.
    I raised enough hell that Beretta issued another UPS call tag and it's going straight back to Accokeek, MD so they can repair it in house (instead of their contract warranty shop, Bolsa Gunsmithing).

That sucks, bro. Hope you get it back fast, it's a bad T&E when you can't keep it in your hands long enough to put a thousand rounds down range.

Good luck!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Things are looking up with the Nano.
    Beretta turned it around in about 1 week.
    Repair tag stated the extractor was replaced, chamber polished and test fired 30 rounds.

I went to the range this afternoon and put 200 rounds of FMJ downrange (100 RWS 124gr., 100 AE 124gr.) and 50 rounds of Ranger 124gr. +P JHP with no issues.
    I'm going to run another 250 through it Friday afternoon and if it stays reliable I'll probably start using it as a BUG.

The Nano is easier to shoot than my Kahr PM9, they are identical in size but the Nano has a few extra ounces of weight.
    I was cranking off .25-.30 splits on an IDPA -0 @ 7 yards shooting 124gr. AE ammo, which is real close to my P30 splits (.21-.26).
    The rear checkering is a cheese grater after 200 rounds but nothing I can't live with.
    If I can establish reliability and get some night sights this will make a great little pocket/BUG/NPE gun.
    It is slow to reload and the mag baseplates are huge, but for this guns intended role I won't be carrying a spare anyway so it's no big deal.

Fingers crossed the extraction issues have been cured with the new extractor.
    Last edited by JodyH; 04-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.

You mentioned the Nano in the S&W Shield thread.

Is the Nano still kickin around, or have you continued to have troubles with it?

I'm at 600 rounds with zero problems after the Beretta gunsmith's chamber polish and extractor replacement.
    I'm confident enough in it to carry it as my "pocket 9" and BUG.
    I'm headed to the range in an hour or so to fire off another 100 rounds of RWS 124gr. fmj.

As a side note, Bolsa Gunsmithing (Beretta contract warranty center for the southwest US) did NOT impress me.
    I have my suspicions that they fired a mag or two with no problems, boxed it up and sent it back.
    When Beretta Accokeek returned it to me there were indications that work was performed and test firing was done.

I'm at 600 rounds with zero problems after the Beretta gunsmith's chamber polish and extractor replacement.
    I'm confident enough in it to carry it as my "pocket 9" and BUG.
    I'm headed to the range in an hour or so to fire off another 100 rounds of RWS 124gr. fmj.

As a side note, Bolsa Gunsmithing (Beretta contract warranty center for the southwest US) did NOT impress me.
    I have my suspicions that they fired a mag or two with no problems, boxed it up and sent it back.
    When Beretta Accokeek returned it to me there were indications that work was performed and test firing was done.
    How'd it go at the range? If you remember, when you had the FTEx's did you see any appropriate gouges of the rim like the extractor had a good grip when it slipped?

Looking at how well the extractor grips the rim now, before the slide is retracted far enough to hit the ejector, how secure does it seem and how much contact does the claw make? Does it drop out with a gentle touch or does it take some pressure to torque it off the breech-face?

User Tag List