Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FYI- police trade in beretta 92Ds on gunbroker

Hammertime
    I just want to thank everyone for the enthusiasm for these guns that enticed me to grab one.

It came wrapped in bubble wrap with nothing but the gun and a mag. I grabbed it, added some oil as it was completely dry but very clean, and went directly to the range.

140 rounds later I can’t wipe the stupid grin off my face. I am not sure why but it is really fun to shoot.

I did some timed fire and initially I was really slow with an overtime, clean 265/300 Supertest. I repeated that for a 264 including a single miss but within time.

In timed fire, as fast as I pull the trigger, o can hit 0.24 splits. That is into the berm. Keeping it on a B8 at 5 yards, I hit 0.30 splits which is more than fine. I like how the sights regulate. The lamps are dead but I don’t care since I otherwise like them.

I cleaned Dot Torture first try at 5 yards. It is a beautiful slow fire pistol. The TDA Beretta is less effort to shoot fast strings of fire, but who cares. This gun is fun.

I also like the holster worn look to the finish and grips.

This is a definite keeper.

I still need to do the recommended spring and locking block updates, but it is hard because it shoots so nicely. Trigger 8 lbs.

How's the night sights? Ship them the slide, and Trijicon will replace the vials (as long as they're unbroken), and put in a nice orange insert on the front for about $60.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    How's the night sights? Ship them the slide, and Trijicon will replace the vials (as long as they're unbroken), and put in a nice orange insert on the front for about $60.
    Dead lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I just want to thank everyone for the enthusiasm for these guns that enticed me to grab one.

It came wrapped in bubble wrap with nothing but the gun and a mag. I grabbed it, added some oil as it was completely dry but very clean, and went directly to the range.

140 rounds later I can’t wipe the stupid grin off my face. I am not sure why but it is really fun to shoot.

I did some timed fire and initially I was really slow with an overtime, clean 265/300 Supertest. I repeated that for a 264 including a single miss but within time.

In timed fire, as fast as I pull the trigger, o can hit 0.24 splits. That is into the berm. Keeping it on a B8 at 5 yards, I hit 0.30 splits which is more than fine. I like how the sights regulate. The lamps are dead but I don’t care since I otherwise like them.

I cleaned Dot Torture first try at 5 yards. It is a beautiful slow fire pistol. The TDA Beretta is less effort to shoot fast strings of fire, but who cares. This gun is fun.

I also like the holster worn look to the finish and grips.

This is a definite keeper.

I still need to do the recommended spring and locking block updates, but it is hard because it shoots so nicely. Trigger 8 lbs.
    Dang it, this post is no helping my resistance. Love the look of the “clean” slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Dang it, this post is no helping my resistance. Love the look of the “clean” slide.
    I do too. A 92D Centurion is on my bucket list.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Hammertime

FYI- police trade in beretta 92Ds on gunbroker

I just dry fired a bit. The DA pull on the 92D, while heavier, is clearly smoother than an M9A3, or a Langdon M9. Only another pistol with a Langdon trigger in a bag installed equals it in smoothness.

I don’t know if this is inherent to the design or if it is just a result of mileage?

I now regret not adding a D spring to my Beretta USA order of locking block and recoil spring this am. The current hammer spring in this gun is certainly stronger than a D spring.

I have a 13# sitting here that was not reliably setting off primers in the Centurion. Maybe with the different hammer of the 92D it would work?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 05-12-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Site Supporter
    I just dry fired a bit. The DA pull on the 92D, while heavier, is clearly smoother than an M9A3, or a Langdon M9. Only another pistol with a Langdon trigger in a bag installed equals it in smoothness.

I don’t know if this is inherent to the design or if it is just a result of mileage?

I now regret not adding a D spring to my Beretta USA order of locking block and recoil spring this am. The current hammer spring in this gun is certainly stronger than a D spring.

I have a 13# sitting here that was not reliably setting off primers in the Centurion. Maybe with the different hammer of the 92D it would work?

Any thoughts?
    Only takes a couple of minutes to swap it out. Why not give it a try?

I have a 92 Vertec, and am intensely curiously about buying one of these and swapping slides.

Any thoughts?
    Enel, I'd personally be a bit wary about going lower than 14# on a standard/OEM 92 triggerbar; going to a Wilson Combat Langdon-designed triggerbar, which allows the hammer to travel a bit further back, enabling a lighter mainspring to be used. After installing the WC triggerbar, I used a 14# WC chrome silicone mainspring; while I was pleased with it, I decided to then try the 13# (after some testing with a cross-section of ammunition I use-with complete success); the 13# is the one installed today.

After wringing out the gun as it is for awhile, you might want to take a look at the WC Ultimate Tune Kit (which includes the triggerbar) or Langdon's Triggerjob In A Bag.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Enel, I'd personally be a bit wary about going lower than 14# on a standard/OEM 92 triggerbar; going to a Wilson Combat Langdon-designed triggerbar, which allows the hammer to travel a bit further back, enabling a lighter mainspring to be used. After installing the WC triggerbar, I used a 14# WC chrome silicone mainspring; while I was pleased with it, I decided to then try the 13# (after some testing with a cross-section of ammunition I use-with complete success); the 13# is the one installed today.

After wringing out the gun as it is for awhile, you might want to take a look at the WC Ultimate Tune Kit (which includes the triggerbar) or Langdon's Triggerjob In A Bag.

Best, Jon
    100% agree with this.

If you want to go to a lighter hammer spring I'd do a Wilson trigger bar posthaste as it gives more arc to the hammer and a better hit. Ernest and Wilson worked very hard on that.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List