Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 92 and NATO

92 and NATO

Are there any issues running NATO spec ammo equivalent in pressure to +P in a standard new production 92? Non-brig slide to be specific. Given the design intent and lineage of the 92 series i doubt it, but have seen reports of slide developing cracks from extended use of hot ammo.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    Are there any issues running NATO spec ammo equivalent in pressure to +P in a standard new production 92? Non-brig slide to be specific. Given the design intent and lineage of the 92 series i doubt it, but have seen reports of slide developing cracks from extended use of hot ammo.
    Negative, just make sure you have the newest locking block and you will be fine. It's what it was made to shoot

Slide cracks were on Over pressured UZI ammo at like 9mm +P++

Cliff notes:
    Don't worry about it

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Negative, just make sure you have the newest locking block and you will be fine. It's what it was made to shoot

Slide cracks were on Over pressured UZI ammo at like 9mm +P++

Cliff notes:
    Don't worry about it

Thanks. I always shoot NATO spec when training, so wanted to check about any future issues.

Not all NATO loads are equal... it allows for mild loads too, and most of current 9 mm NATO loads are not even close to SAAMI +P.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Not all NATO loads are equal... it allows for mild loads too, and most of current 9 mm NATO loads are not even close to SAAMI +P.
    The current NATO load i train with is equal to Speer GD +p.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    The current NATO load i train with is equal to Speer GD +p.
    Which offering is that?

To echo @azserious, don't worry about it. 92s and other modern, reputable 9mm pistols will chew through +P.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 05-02-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Which offering is that?

To echo @azserious, don't worry about it. 92s and other modern, reputable 9mm pistols will chew through +P.
    German manufactured nato. MEN 124gr

This is based off velocity info submitted betwen the two.

The Beretta recommendation is to change your slide rebound spring every 5,000 rounds or every 3,000 rounds if you use mostly +P ammo.

Change the springs and locking block per Berettas recommendations and your gun will probably outlive you.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    There is no issue.

I would recommend proper PMI and pre-emptive parts replacements. Do not let something fail.

Recoil spring every 3k rds IMHO and locking block every 10k. It can handle more, but if you want the gun/system to last a lifetime it's better to shorten the interval to avoid even the slightest potential of stressing it.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

User Tag List