Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did RCS make a Vanguard for the PPS?

Did RCS make a Vanguard for the PPS?

I was thinking that I heard this was a thing at one time. I'd love to get my hands on a Vanguard for my PPS Classic but obviously there are non on the market these days. Am I remembering correctly or was it a dream?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Thanks Tom. I remember not long ago RCS found some stock of the j-frame Vanguard and sold them on their website but they were gone by the time I found it. I've never tried the Vanguard and thought maybe it would be beneficial with these small guns. At least something to try.

Site Supporter
    Tom is correct. Kydex for the PPS, J-Frame and Shield for TPI members probably 5 years ago.

I was surprised how poorly the Vanguard concealed the 43 compared to a George. The Vanguard is now a spare to take in case a primary breaks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The Vanguard for the original PPS is a great little holster. It was a perfect match between pistol and gun.

My daughter has my VG2 now (since I don't run the PPS anymore) and it works great in the VG1 configuration for current women fashions.

Raven also did a run of M&P holsters for some TPI folks years before they had them in normal production. Still have one of them too even though my M&P is gone!
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was surprised how poorly the Vanguard concealed the 43 compared to a George. The Vanguard is now a spare to take in case a primary breaks.
    This is my use for them too. Spare to take out of town with me.

It doesn't have any features that aid in concealment like the belt wedge on the JM does. It's feature, so to speak, is the size of the holster itself.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If you're looking for something in the style of the original Vanguard, you might check out Dale Fricke's Zacchaeus. Years ago I bought one for my PPS with the intent of using it for extra trigger guard protection in a SmartCarry. The profile of the little "hook" in front of the trigger guard didn't fit well with the shape of the SmartCarry pocket and I never got around to asking him to make a custom one, but my recollection is that it fit well and snapped on very solidly.

Are there any other holster makers that make something like a Vanguard who has the PPS Classic as an option?

I like the Zacchaeus but am looking for something with a belt loop (RCS hook preferably or soft loop).

Agreed. And it’s not even as comfortable as a conventional holster. The best feature is it’s easy on/easy off, and that’s not exactly unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List