Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $500ish Binoculars @ Cabela's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Anybody have any idea about Ziess’s warranty service compares to Leupold and and Vortex?

Looking at their Terra ED’s, Vortex Vipers and the Leupold BX-4
    Only have experience with Vortex: lost a lens cover from my 15x50 Viper HDs. Called to order a new one, and they sent it for free. Hunted with a borrowed pair of 10x32 Diamondbacks in very sweaty, dusty conditions, and got some grit in one of the eyepieces so they made a horrible sound while adjusting them. They fixed them for free, and cleaned the whole set.

I still use both: my own set of 10x32 for hiking, to have in my pack while small game hunting, birding, keeping in my car while traveling, and so forth. The 15x50 are for mountain hunting and general game spotting (glassing on tripod), birding (really zooms in), shooting (instead of a spotting scope). I sometimes carry the 15x50 in my pack and use the 10x32 on a harness while moving, and then when I get to a spot to glass from, switch to the 15x50 on the tripod, but more recently, I just put up with the big glass for everything to save the weight and hassle of carrying two pairs. The big glass is important in big, open country, or I’d be fine with the little ones. But here, they are way more important than what glass I have on my rifle: when hunting, I spend hours and days on the binos, minutes or even just seconds on the rifle scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The big complaint in the C line (the price point of this thread) is the small FOV. They otherwise seem to compare fairly well.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The big complaint in the C line (the price point of this thread) is the small FOV. They otherwise seem to compare fairly well.
    It appears I was getting lost in the details and mis spoke. They seem similar enough.

I ultimately chose not to be a special snowflake (h/t rob_s) for once, and picked up refurbished Vortex Vipers from AA Optics.

FWIW, EuroOptic currently has some good deals on demo Terra ED's and BX-4's in case anyone is looking.
    David S.

User Tag List