View Poll Results: Which do you Recommend?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the AR buy the 1301 next year

52 92.86%
  • Sell the AR buy a 1301 and hope you don;t regret it

4 7.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Input is Requested

I'm in the minority. I voted to ditch the AR. They aren't really any more versatile than a shotgun, shotgun ammo never disappeared after Sandy Hook like 5.56/.223 did, nor did the price go up substantially. You'll never have an AR setup that will hit as hard as 12 gauge slugs. Flite Control isn't cheap but it's the best alternative for Buckshot. Yes splatter gats take more work to run well. So what? Sell the AR, set up a 1301, get some ammo, and take a class from @jlw.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Do an 80%
    Tempting but it's ended badly for people in this state before......

Keep the rifle. An 870 or Mossberg 500/590 will do all the shotgun activities you list especially one with screw-in chokes. Cake + the icing.

Keep the AR, add the 1301. Remember when t he Post-86 deal happened? How much is an M16A1 lower? Yeah...I know it sounds stupid, but I could see your lower not getting to Pre-86 status, but it will go far above $1K before it's said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Keep the rifle. An 870 or Mossberg 500/590 will do all the shotgun activities you list especially one with screw-in chokes. Cake + the icing.
    I do have a Pardner Pump I just would like to add a semi to the stable
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Keep the AR, add the 1301. Remember when t he Post-86 deal happened? How much is an M16A1 lower? Yeah...I know it sounds stupid, but I could see your lower not getting to Pre-86 status, but it will go far above $1K before it's said and done.
    I didn't think of it from a collector's perspective but that is a good way of looking at it.

So to everyone who replied to this thread. Do you think I should get the Comp or Tactical model when I am ready to buy. My thought is the Comp model will have a bit more versatility as well as capacity, but may be a bit less "handy" if ever forced to use it indoors.

What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Tempting but it's ended badly for people in this state before......
    Gotcha, I didn't know. Same with 80% AR pistols?

I prefer the tac one fwiw too.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Gotcha, I didn't know. Same with 80% AR pistols?

I prefer the tac one fwiw too.
    Yup though I just remembered Troy is making AOW that is CT legal, you can put a pistol brace on, it needs to have a FG, with a barrel length around 12" IIRC.

Sell the Pardner and move out of CT.

How likely is it that CT will at some point ban ARs entirely? I thought we were safe here in FL but it was seriously on the table after the MSD shooting. If you think it can/will happen there, beat the rush and either move or sell the AR.
    Last edited by Hambo; 05-07-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Sell the Pardner and move out of CT.

How likely is it that CT will at some point ban ARs entirely? I thought we were safe here in FL but it was seriously on the table after the MSD shooting. If you think it can/will happen there, beat the rush and either move or sell the AR.
    I'm keeping the Pardner as it was gifted to me.

As far as CT completely banning ARs; that was their original intent but as you can see the politicians who were in favor of this ban we too incompetent to get it done the first go around. I doubt these laws will be tightened up unless there is another shooting in which the AR is the focal point.

I would love to move and I may in the future but at least for the next few years I won't be going anywhere.

Also I forgot to mention I realized the AR is replaceable, I can go out and buy a Troy "AOW" with a brace to tune of $1300 OTD. 12-14" barrel IIRC, with a non-removable front pin.

User Tag List