Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M2.0 "Legacy Size" Compact!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Long grips, short slides seem in vogue. When will they start making 10-round 2.0 compact mags for those of us behind enemy lines?
    It would be nice if they made some more 2nd/3rd gen 10 rounders for the 6900 series.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 04-30-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I guess this one goes over my head. The shorter slide on the already existing compact frame isn't something i need. A 2.0 sized in the original g26 sized compact would be cool, but i don't personally see a point in losing the slide length/sight radius while maintaining the same g19 sized grip.

Was this something people were asking for? The slide on the 2.0 compacts longer than some preferred? I never really heard complaints, but i could easily have missed them. As long as the line is expanding i guess it's a good thing.

Well, different strokes for different folks, but I'm with ^^this guy^^. It is just the opposite of what I look for. Maybe it is different for others but, for me, the grip is what is the most difficult to conceal not the slide. Hell, had they put pro length upper on a 15rd grip, I might be interested.

Apparently folks are digging tho, so rock Smith. I just have one wee little complaint - they can make this thing, they can make the EZ but no 2.0 Core and no 10mm..... from the people who got us all hooked on it (10mm) in the first place?!?!

I guess I should be happy they're making guns I don't want instead of one's I would have to run out and buy.
    Last edited by JATA; 04-30-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

This makes me happy to see this configuration gaining momentum. I've been saying this type of slide to grip ratio should in theory provide a fast handling pistol than typical compact iterations while maintaing the capacity I prefer. More leverage with grip surface area with less moving mass. However, I am nobody so no one would listen. I might have to get one.

To me, the grip is the tough part to conceal. I traded for a new 2.0 compact (4” version). I’m not really sure if going from the 4” slide to a 3.5” would do all that much for me personally.

But if they sell, then I guess it’s a valid idea.

Personally I was hoping for a Glock 26 sized gun.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Should have been named the 2.0 X.
    Or the 2.0 Commander.
    Ignore Alien Orders

This is interesting. Back when I was dabbling with the gen 1 M&P's I could reliably split the compact faster than the full size. I had forgotten until seeing this post. The recoil impulse felt harsher in the compact, but recoil recovery happened noticeably faster. The front sight reappeared in the rear notch faster and without extraneous movement compared the full size. The biggest limiting faster to running the compact well, for me, was getting a consistent grip on the stubby gun (and reloads were challenging). I bet this seemingly oddball combo shoots really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    They might do that! Remember the S&W catalogue when the 3rd Generation pistols were in production? They had hundreds of variations!

civiliandefender.com
    Those were the days...

That is going to sell very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Nice looking gun. I bet it will sell well.

If I wasn't so invested in Glock 9mms (and the use of the gadget as a passive safety), I'd look long and hard at the S&W M&P series. They really are an underrated pistol and are priced competitively.

Much of the same criticism has been levelled against the Glock 19x. People have forgotten how popular the Colt 1911 Commander's model is. Truth is, very few people buy long slide/short grip pistols, even when they are available.

One criticism levelled against pistols with short slides is the shorter sight radius. Users, it allows for finer sighting, but it also takes longer to align the sights.

Personally, I like the longer grip. It lets me get a better hold of the pistol. I would not buy a pistol with a standard length slide and a shortened grip. They are harder to control than a pistol with a shortened slide.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List