Thread: Mag Tube Extensions- Brands

Mag Tube Extensions- Brands

As I couldn't find a definitive answer using "search"...

Is there a make/brand of magazine extension tube for 12 gauge shotguns that is favored by the P-F folks-in-the-know? I've heard both Nordic and Briley mentioned. Other than Briley being more expensive (and Nordic not taking direct retail orders for a while now), is there much difference?

I picked up a Benelli M2 Field 12 gauge that I'm thinking about making some changes to. Nordic has a +5 and Briley has a +6. Theres about a $70 swing in price between the two set ups. Any Pro/Con input?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Site Supporter
    VangComp and Wilson are two premium brands. I have a Vang +1 and Wilson +2 on two shotguns. Extensions work ok but do introduce a variable that can reduce reliability. Brownell's stocks extensions. Be aware that when loaded, they add weight to the shotgun and can change balance. I strongly suggest that you bite the bullet and buy Vang's stainless steel magazine follower and avoid plastic, polymer, or similar followers. That's my bias. I started a thread on this topic recently.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Sadly, I checked both Wilson and Vang websites. Neither makes an extension for a Benelli. Both websites for Wilson and Vang list Remington & Mossberg shotguns, of various models.

I had a Briley on my 1301 and my Super Nova and now have a giant Briley Carbon fibre job on my M2SP. Ive never had an issue with any.

My first stop.
    Last edited by BigT; 04-30-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Nordic is fine.

I bought one of the 'Sure-cycle' brand magazine extensions, and for some reason it would not tighten down properly on a Benelli M2 despite being intended for it, so I'd have to caution that one.

RCI-Xrail. I have one for my Vinci and it's a good piece.

I appreciate the replies. *Ideally*, this shotgun will serve double duty. As configured from the factory, it'll see a variety of field use. I'd really like an aftermarket extension for defensive purposes.

As mentioned, I've seen both Briley and Nordic mentioned previously on P-F, and spoken well of. I just wasn't clear on the differences between them, if any exist. That RCI X-thing looks wild but it's more than I need.

That X Rail gets kinda heavy when it’s fully loaded. I didn’t like the added mass hanging off the barrel. At all.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List