Thread: Wet tumbling sans pins using a VIBRATORY tumbler

Site Supporter

Wet tumbling sans pins using a VIBRATORY tumbler

So just to see what would happen I used the standard formula for tumbling without pins in my Lyman tumbler. It turned out well enough that I don’t think I’m going to go back to the old method. But don’t think I’ll spend any money on anything new either.

Attachment 25903Attachment 25903

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    @TOTS

Attachments aren't working.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Name:  8804283C-2915-4B1E-9D52-DB90F50238EE.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  103.4 KB

We’ll try this one more time. I’m trying to attach the photo from my phone as I’m on the road right now. Results were good enough not to put the money into a rotary tumbler at the low volumes I have time to shoot right now.

Your results would be better if you used my formula of citric acid powder and ArmorAll Wash and Wax. I am sure that the details are in the link I previously posted, if you don't find them let me know.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Your results would be better if you used my formula of citric acid powder and ArmorAll Wash and Wax. I am sure that the details are in the link I previously posted, if you don't find them let me know.
    I absolutely followed that formula! And thanks for the work. In the original post I referred to it as the “standard” formula as it’s popping up on most forums in some version. I’m pretty sure the mechanical cleaning mechanism is the least important part of the equation and the citric acid, degreaser, and hot water are giving you the most benefit regardless of what tumbler and pin route you choose.

I'd do at least a 2 hour initial run with the citric acid and then maybe an hour Wash and Wax-only run. Your results could be better, might be not enough citric acid or maybe too many cases.
    #RESIST

I continue to tumble brass without the devilish little pins to chase. Still enjoy efficient cleaning process. Hate the little pins.

Site Supporter
    Hmm! Ok I’ll try that. I was thinking you didn’t leave the brass in the acid that long? Some of the really oxidized pieces have started turning pink. I only had them in the tumbler for 20 min or so with a strir at the 10 min mark. I’m pretty happy with the results so far; shinier in person than the picture. And it’s all outdoor range brass. I did run some wax though; it made a noticeable difference in felt pressure when depriming and sizing.
    Last edited by TOTS; 04-30-2018 at 12:04 PM.

User Tag List