Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If Dirty Harry had class....

Congrats on finding such a nice revolver! I do not know if the serrations have been taken off the trigger or if the trigger was replaced with a newer, non-serrated service style one. The 29 should have come with a target trigger which is much wider than the one in your gun. My guess is someone replaced it with a service trigger to aid in double action shooting. Prior to our switch to 9mms in 1990, I carried a four inch 629 (required to carry 44 Special ammo) and replaced both the target trigger and target hammer with a service trigger and hammer made for the 624. Enjoy it my friend, they don't make them like that anymore.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Name:  Sledge-Hammer.jpeg
Views: 466
Size:  21.3 KB
    “Trust me, I know what I’m doing.”

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    Congrats on finding such a nice revolver! I do not know if the serrations have been taken off the trigger or if the trigger was replaced with a newer, non-serrated service style one. The 29 should have come with a target trigger which is much wider than the one in your gun. My guess is someone replaced it with a service trigger to aid in double action shooting. Prior to our switch to 9mms in 1990, I carried a four inch 629 (required to carry 44 Special ammo) and replaced both the target trigger and target hammer with a service trigger and hammer made for the 624. Enjoy it my friend, they don't make them like that anymore.
    Could be, but it appears to be a service trigger with the serrations removed judging from the trigger face.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Name:  Sledge-Hammer.jpeg
Views: 466
Size:  21.3 KB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Could be, but it appears to be a service trigger with the serrations removed judging from the trigger face.
    I couldn't tell from the photos, looks like they did a really good job.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I couldn't tell from the photos, looks like they did a really good job.
    Fortunately that's so. It's quality work and no Bubba job. I let a couple of the young guys who work at the range have a turn and the trigger raised some eyebrows. If I can't have it box stock, that's the next best thing.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Normally I’m not a fan of nickel or chrome. This??...I make exception. Thats truly a beautiful gun. Like Grace Kelly beautiful.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

If Dirty Harry had class....

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Wrong one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UGYKU7mbv74

Supposedly, he was supposed to shoot directly at the camera. But ABC wimped out and made them change it.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 05-01-2018 at 10:44 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"I'll be in my bunk."
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List