Thread: My fourth club/local USPSA match. I suck!

My fourth club/local USPSA match. I suck!

Am back to USPSA! Woot... This is almost a 4-month hiatus for RUNNING and GUNNING! *LOL* And my fourth club match.

About almost a year since I got into shooting matches (which is about a year since I got into firearms). With only able to shoot a match once a month, I have gotten four Tier 1 and one Tier 2 IDPA, which I started with; and three Tier 1 USPSA.

Anyway, a not-so-satisfying finish at 86/114 overall, and 18/31 in the division (Production)! https://practiscore.com/results/new/55649

Lots of malfunctions (USER malfunctions) - particularly starting with my first course of fire (STAGE #1). Missed targets, forgotten reloads, etc. I guess I have my work cut out for me the next few months: target acquisition, front sight (shot calling), grip, movement (lots of INefficiencies) and DRAW STROKE (it seems I have a SAFETY deficiency).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUHV2Gp-gHE

Regardless, it was fun seeing and shooting with the old guys again...!

I just don't know how some people can make it look so FAST, ACCURATE and EASY.

Cheers...

Site Supporter
    Being safe is the most important thing.

If you take notes after you shoot the match that helps you remember the specific things that you need to practice.

Don't worry about being fast. Be safe and be correct and be accurate and the ability to do those things faster will develop with practice.

It sucks to drop mags when you don't mean to (we've all been there for various reasons), but generally speaking, when you do that, it's faster to just grab another one from your belt rather than pick up the dropped mag from the ground. It also avoids the potential for pointing the gun somewhere you shouldn't as you pick up the mag, and in dusty environments, it avoids the potential for introducing debris into the action of the gun. For those reasons, I'd avoid picking up a mag off the ground mid-stage unless you're going to run out of ammo if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post

If you take notes after you shoot the match that helps you remember the specific things that you need to practice.

Don't worry about being fast. Be safe and be correct and be accurate and the ability to do those things faster will develop with practice.
    This.

And have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post

This is my mantra too as a newbie. Two weeks ago I did something dumb and I don't really remember how it started. but I ended up standing there w/ an empty gun w/ slide locked back. So frustrated w/ myself I just kind of let both hands drop to my sides. Of course the gun was pointed at the RO's feet so I had broken the 180 degree rule in the vertical looking from the side. He didn't DQ me but explained this was a good lesson for me. No matter what, keep that gun aimed down range.

User Tag List