Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsecure Connection?

Unsecure Connection?

Just had an issue loading P-F. On both my laptop and my phone (not tapatalk). I got an “unsecure connection” warning. I used Verizon data to attempt login via phone and my home internet from my laptop. So two different devices, different connections - same error. I screen shotted the info of the untrusted security cert.

Name:  11C2D62D-12C2-4F1D-8D67-00265032AC2B.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  27.9 KB

I go that, too.
    Then I got a message telling me to email webmaster@pistol-forum.com

Those were on the computer here in the Salt Mines. It was sure looking like a slow night. Which is fine, but no P-F!

I tried from my phone, but when I navigated to pistol-forum.com I got a view of the directory structure I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to have access to...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I got that, too.
    Then I got a message telling me to email webmaster@pistol-forum.com

Those were on the computer here in the Salt Mines. It was sure looking like a slow night. Which is fine, but no P-F!

I tried from my phone, but when I navigated to pistol-forum.com I got a view of the directory structure I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to have access to...
    Last edited by Drang; 04-29-2018 at 01:55 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Well, this is pretty odd...coincidentally I was charging up an old iPod Touch for possible use on a vehicle with a four year old entertainment system.

The iPod charged up ok, then I went to Safari to see whether things were ok from an internet perspective. I typed in www.pistol-forum.com and got a "Safari could not open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server" message.

I went over to the Acer laptop I have on my desk here at home, and have no issues with the forum using FireFox/Windoze 10.

I don't know much how all this works; just trying to add a data point.

Thanks Tom.

Hope things get resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Me too. Every action on the site is taking 30 to 60 (or more!) seconds to complete. I keep trying to impress upon the support people at our hosting provider exactly how unacceptable this is.
    Good to know. I thought it was just wonky on my end.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

aye. I thought it was me somehow, but PF is dogging hard still.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

SSL root certificates and other security related things change, I’m not surprised that an old device, with an assumably un-updated OS, would have problems. In any case, the only things that have changed are DKIM, SPF, and RDNS — and all that was done in an effort to get MS to start deliverying email from PF. #ThanksMicrosoft
    I had the same issue, and IIRC it was a certificate expired error. Nothing to do with root certs (and our company's DUO auth is really good about reminding me to stay updated).

Could be something with your hosting provider? IDK what service you use or what control you have over things like TLS certs.

@perlslacker, I got your PM (WTF?!) and forwarded the info (with corroborating evidence) to my hosting provider -- where I'm sure I'll get a "we're monitoring the server" bullshit response.
    cPanel's team rn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IG3zqvUqJY

@perlslacker, I got your PM (WTF?!) and forwarded the info (with corroborating evidence) to my hosting provider -- where I'm sure I'll get a "we're monitoring the server" bullshit response.
    cPanel's team rn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IG3zqvUqJY

also I'm repeatedly getting 503'd on this site, but only for this thread. COINCIDENCE???!?!?!?!!?!?!?1111??!11??11one

e: ok at least once the post went through despite the error code

it's official: I do not understand computers. I'm quitting computers and starting a bakery. Free muffins for p-f members.
    Last edited by perlslacker; 04-29-2018 at 03:44 PM.

User Tag List