Thread: NOVA - Bull Run Shooting Center skeet/ wobble league?

NOVA - Bull Run Shooting Center skeet/ wobble league?

Anyone here signed up? Looking at joining the skeet league. I don’t have much clays experience, shot wobble 3-4 times and sporting clays 5-6 times, and all those times were extremely fun.

Mostly looking to have fun and get better. Any info or advice is appreciated.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Must have shot a few hundred rounds of skeet there between 1992-2008, as I’d got to the point of dropping in at least twice weekly for long periods of time.

I moved away from it for a while when first daughter was born, then again when second daughter was born almost five years later. Moved away from it for good when I decided to focus on and master pistol, which was a far greater challenge for me, technically. But the “zen” of shooting skeet still calls....

I bought myself a Browning over/under in December as a reward for successfully completing multiple difficult work projects through the second half of 2017, so getting back into skeet and 5-stand now and expect to visit once or twice per month.

I try to get over there for a few rounds of casual trap during the summer, but not regularly enough to participate in a league.

The shotgun sports are terrific fun with a group of friends, but its hard enough getting my regular shooting group together for pistol practice, much less a USPSA or IDPA match...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Seems like there’s enough Nova shooters to get a monthly (or weekly) shooting group at Elite or NRA...I’ve seen enough PF targets on the line at elite to know we’re out there

-read on another forum

@K.Hungus and @JV_
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-28-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I've shot a bit of wobble at Bull Run ... I really enjoy it. I don't know anything about the league stuff.

A monthly pistol meet at Elite would interest me, I'm less interested in going to the NRA for it.
    Last edited by JV_; 04-28-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Seems like there’s enough Nova shooters to get a monthly (or weekly) shooting group at Elite or NRA...I’ve seen enough PF targets on the line at elite to know we’re out there
    Come on, man.
    You can't shoot real skeet targets at Elite or NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Come on, man.
    You can't shoot real skeet targets at Elite or NRA.
    LOL, got a little off track. Was talking more about getting a pistol shoot going at Elite or NRA. Sounds like Elite is the preference.

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    LOL, got a little off track. Was talking more about getting a pistol shoot going at Elite or NRA. Sounds like Elite is the preference.
    I'm totally game for a PF meet & greet. Elite is the better NOVA range (IMO) & there's no shortage of good eateries around for dinner after. I live fairly close to Bull Run, but my shotgun skills are mediocre, at best. Not sure if I'd be a worthwhile addition to any skeet/trap league team.

NOVA - Bull Run Shooting Center skeet/ wobble league?

Figured I’d create a new thread for those interested in a monthly pistol shoot at Elite

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....504#post735504
    Last edited by richiecotite; 04-29-2018 at 05:56 PM.

-read on another forum

User Tag List