Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP100 Match Champion 10mm

Ruger GP100 Match Champion 10mm

So I just found out about this, a 10mm GP100 Match Champion as a factory offering from Ruger. If they offer the fixed sighted version in 10mm I would be very tempted to get one.

https://ruger.com/products/gp100Matc...eets/1775.html

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Saw that. Seems to me, it's kinda like a .357 revolver that can't shoot .38 SPL. Would be a lot more attractive if it came with a Short & Weak cylinder also. But I don't drink 10mm Kool-Aid, so I probably just don't get it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Saw that. Seems to me, it's kinda like a .357 revolver that can't shoot .38 SPL. Would be a lot more attractive if it came with a Short & Weak cylinder also. But I don't drink 10mm Kool-Aid, so I probably just don't get it.
    Do you dislike moon clips that much?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Maybe I'm just veering out of my lane. Nothing on the Ruger site mentions the ability to shoot .40 S&W from the GP or the SRH, and the 10mm Blackhawks come with .40 S&W cylinders. But I see the 610 was able to headspace .40 on the clips and run it. My assumption was that the headspacing would work the way the cartridge was designed to work.

I do like that the 10mm MC appears to have a Ruger-style front sight instead of the Novak dovetail.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Perhaps they don't want people to get confused and think they can shoot .40 without the moon clips?

I can't really think of a reason I need this or what role it fills for me but I just have a thing for semi-auto cartridges in revolvers.

Site Supporter
    I can't think of a reason why 40 S&W ammo would not work with the clips.

The "news" release that the NRA put out about it stated that it works with .40S&W. I am excited about this. I was considering getting a 357 GP100 converted and I can get this one for not too much more than the work would cost me... plus I get a new revolver!

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...0-mm-revolver/
    Last edited by Flamingo; 04-27-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added link

I'm on my 3rd S&W 625 (.45ACP) and all of them have worked just fine without moonclips. Right up until it's time to reload. But they do work for 6. I would think that Ruger would be the same in 10mm and be fine with clips for .40SW.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You don't need a special cylinder. Jeff Quinn shot .40 through it, anyway: http://gunblast.com/Ruger-GP100MC-10mm.htm
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

That looks absolutely awesome!

Would be a great gun for IDPA revolver

User Tag List