Thread: Colt Walker Sells for $1.84 million

Colt Walker Sells for $1.84 million

Colt Walker Sells for $1.84 million

Serial No. 1022, the “Danish Sea Captain” Walker set a new record for the single highest-selling firearm in the world. It is the finest commercial production Walker known to exist and the only known cased revolver from the original production run.
    The case is very good showing a slightly wrapped lid and some minor handling/storage marks. The case is missing a left closure hook, and the faded lining has some insect damage and wear. Not bad for a case that was buried in garden to keep it hidden from the Nazis!
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 04-27-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: add video
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Wow! This would make a great parts gun for my Walker replica.

[ALTERNATE DAL357]: Sacrilege! Stop trying to be funny, and you don't even have a Walker replica, believe me, I know.

Why don't you go pound sand, you b-word.

[ALTERNATE DAL357]: Wooo, such harsh language! I, sir, am poleaxed; how will I ever recover? Get a life.

I hate you.

[ALTERNATE DAL357]:Believe me, the feeling's mutual.

Awesome pistol, but, I'd think you could darn near buy COLT for $1.8 mil these days, then have them crank out whatever you want...

The gun and box apparently spent some time buried in a garden to hide it from the Nazis. It also includes a sales receipt signed by Sam Colt himself...

Anyone who can afford to add this revolver to their collection, has a collection that I'd love to spend time looking at.

To quote Indiana Jones: It belongs in a museum!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    The gun and box apparently spent some time buried in a garden to hide it from the Nazis.
    The thought crossed my mind that the only thing to make this part of the story better would be if there was a picture of four or five Waffen SS helmets, each with sunlight shining through a half inch hole.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The thought crossed my mind that the only thing to make this part of the story better would be if there was a picture of four or five Waffen SS helmets, each with sunlight shining through a half inch hole.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    That made me smile.

RMOAS.

A long time ago, on Avsig, when it was a Compuserve forum, there was a discussion of the Battle of the Atlantic. I expressed some dissatisfaction with Allied ASW efforts. One of the guys there said something along the lines of: "The German submarine force had an 85% fatality rate."

Another person chimed in: "I think Steph was looking for 100%."

Ayup.

I took German in high school because I thought we weren't done with them. I was in full agreement with the Italian diplomat who said that he loved Germany so much, he thought there should always be two of them.

Anyway, I hope that the Danish Walker does end up in a museum.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List