Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charging Handle Recommendations Please.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The Geissele Airborne charging handle was developed to address these issues. Have you checked it out? The new BCM 4x4 or new Mod 4 is similarly sized.

I tend to prefer larger latches (standard Geissele/BCM 3x3/new Mod 3/Raptor) on my rifles that wear magnified optics and medium sized latches (Airborne Geissele/BCM 4x4/new Mod 4) on optics that wear a RDS or Eotech.
    Ordered. Thanks.

https://geissele.com/airborne-charging-handle.html
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    #notmessinaround

Geiselle or Radian Arms.

I've been using a Radian Raptor on my BCM rifle that has a Steiner LPVO with no issues. I like it a lot better than the ambi BCM charging handle that I got with the upper, although the new BCM models look better.

I don't think you can go wrong with Radian, Geissele, or BCM. Just pick the one you like best.

Another thumbs up for the Raptor. All of my AR's are Raptorfied. I have no plans to change out but mine are all a couple years old though. Lots of newer options to take a look at. I didn't like the Gunfighters back then, but I especially like the look of the newer BCM offerings (admittedly, I'm a huge BCM fan... I have quite a few of their... hats)
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I’m running a DDM4V5 with a Steiner P4xi. I have my optic closer to the rail compared to you. Anymore forward and I’d be bridging it, but I also run my stock closer (slot 2).

As for charging handle I went to a Raptor Radian I got on blem sale. I have BCM Mod 3 and Mod 4 for my other two rifles and I think I prefer the BCMs. I’d probably go with their new charging handle if I wanted to change. The raptor doesn’t impress me honestly. Not that its done anything wrong, I just really like the BCMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very much sold on the Geissele charging handles. While I honestly think an "upgraded" charging handle isn't that necessary on an AR, I still like them enough that they're one of the first things I replace or spend extra money on when presented with a stock AR.

With that in mind, I purchased one of the new BCM Gunfighter Mod 4B charging handles for my dad's rifle since they were on sale. I was rather surprised to find that they've actually gotten a bit smaller since their last iteration; you may find this to be a boon or a bane depending on your approach. It still feels like a solid upgrade over a USGI model, but I certainly still prefer the SCH and ACH design over everything else I've tried thus far.

For comparison, here's the USGI handle, the BCM Mod 4B (Medium), Geissele SCH, and Geissele ACH:

Last edited by einherjarvalk; 05-07-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Heard great things about the Radian but I love my Geissele ACHs. The SCH will serve just as well for those that want a larger latch. Pair either with the Forward Controls Design LDFA for a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People are missing out on the Mega Arms/now Zev charging handle.

If my rifle is slung with the bolt back, my Geisseles get pulled back just from snagging my clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    . . . older BCM mod 3, i.e. sternum gouger . . .
    You've just hit on one of the few advantages to shooting a long gun left handed. I use a BCM 3, but it's away from my body.

User Tag List