Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charging Handle Recommendations Please.

Charging Handle Recommendations Please.

So I added a Steiner LPVO to my DDM4V11. The optic sits far enough to the rear for proper eye relief that it make getting a purchase on the charging handle a little difficult. I'm looking for a replacement CH that has some extension. I considered the Geissele SCH but I'm not sure if it's an extended handle. Recommendations?
    David

BCM Mod 3 if you're looking to go super extendo

I just purchased the newest version of the BCM, I think it’s the 3x3, medium size, ambi. It is slightly larger than oe, which is what I wanted. I like it very well so far. Maybe the 4x4, which is the large version, would be good for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you want an extended handle?

I have an older BCM mod 3, i.e. sternum gouger, if you want it. It's free so even if t doesn't work out it'll give you reference point to work off of.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I have a Geissele ACH & SCH; I prefer the ACH as it snags less, but the SCH is just a tad larger which makes it easier to use around a magnified optic.

Geissele SCH or the new BCM 3x3
    Shoot more, post less...

I haven't found the perfect CH yet. Everything I've tried other than the flimsy standard CH either pokes me in the sternum or--even worse--comes open by snagging on my gear when the rifle is slung.

I'm interested in where this thread leads... hopefully to a charging handle that stays closed when it's supposed to.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've been using the Sintercore Tripwire on my AR for a year or so. I don't use my AR nearly as much as my pistols, but the Tripwire is holding up well so far. (Disclaimer: I served with the guy who makes this product)

https://sintercore.com/product/tripwire-5-56-scv/

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Did you want an extended handle?

I have an older BCM mod 3, i.e. sternum gouger, if you want it. It's free so even if t doesn't work out it'll give you reference point to work off of.
    Well, this is hard to beat. This post and @Clusterfrack post brings me another thought process when it comes to finding a new CH. I had and extended CH on my Stag Arms rifle, went to a 2 day rifle class at Valor Ridge. I could not wait to get home to get the "sternum gouger" as @txdpd calls it off of my rifle! So, I'm not sure how to get a CH that makes it easier for me to manipulate and not gouge my sternum.

I run my stock fully extended.

Last edited by SC_Dave; 04-27-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I haven't found the perfect CH yet. Everything I've tried other than the flimsy standard CH either pokes me in the sternum or--even worse--comes open by snagging on my gear when the rifle is slung.

I'm interested in where this thread leads... hopefully to a charging handle that stays closed when it's supposed to.
    The Geissele Airborne charging handle was developed to address these issues. Have you checked it out? The new BCM 4x4 or new Mod 4 is similarly sized.

I tend to prefer larger latches (standard Geissele/BCM 3x3/new Mod 3/Raptor) on my rifles that wear magnified optics and medium sized latches (Airborne Geissele/BCM 4x4/new Mod 4) on optics that wear a RDS or Eotech.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 04-27-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List