Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Affordable AR for rural area.

Has the Springfield Armory Saint established any track record yet? It seems to have a good mix of features at a competitive price for a KISS carbine...

That said, I've settled on a BCM upper and BCM lower fitted with a Geissele SSA trigger and an A5 buffer assembly. As shown below it weighs under 7 pounds unloaded (sans the WML) and with 75 and 77 grain pills is one of the most accurate (precise) uppers I've owned;

Last edited by NH Shooter; 05-28-2018 at 05:35 AM.

The thought to go with the Colt or BCM is solid.

The ONLY cheap AR I'd go with is the S&W M&P Sport. Period.

Every sample I've worked with has been solid. I have flogged mine badly in classes, and taken three deer and two coyotes with it now. I've got well over 2000 rounds through my sample with zero stoppages due to the gun (and only one stoppage at all, was a bad magazine...). Mine is accurate, and it feeds cheap ammo like Russian steel cased.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Personally I would opt for a Colt 6720 (skinny barrel lightweight gun), or a Colt Trooper (free floated rail).

Both can be had for relative cheap these days.

Frankly the pendulum is still at the favorable end of things and it most definitely will swing the other way again, and guys will be lamenting about how they should have purchased ABC, etc. Now is the time to buy in my view.

Colt 6720 $947.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...O%2016.1/quot/

Colt Trooper $981 with free shipping.

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...carbine-rifle/

Cheers!

User Tag List