Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foldable Glock

Foldable Glock

May be better placed in the General Discussion forum...

st-louis-missouri-handguns-for-sale--full-conceal-m3d-glock-19--folding-glock-

How's a fellow supposed to mount a pistol bayonet on that thing, and does it reliably feed RIP ammo?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I'd prefer a shorter grip that's still attached, instead of full one that folds. But that's just me.

Sorry chief.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Well, I like that they got a foldable trigger guard incorporated into the design now. It also appears that they have it setup now so it no longer requires Condition 3 carry for safety.

I'm still having a hard time imagining that a folding gun is faster/easier to draw and use than a properly holstered pistol. But at least there appears to be some progress with this design.

Site Supporter
    The problem with things like this is the people who would be most competent at using them, are the most likely to realize the major pitfalls the item has and poor choice the item is. The people least likely to see these things are the most likely to buy it.

This is not a statement of elitism, as I too would have thought this a good idea when I knew zero about guns. I just wish we put more efforts into basic firearms use and education than gear.

I fired "V1" at Triggrcon last year. It... was OK. I mean, I'm no Glock Fanboi, but I was able to hit the target with it. I'm not sure what kind of secret squirrel environment I'd need to be in where it was a sound alternative, but... It didn't suck to shoot.

A the time, the version with the folding trigger guard was a prototype, and no one was shooting it.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Even with the grip folded, I don't feel like the bulk has been significantly reduced to the point where it's a legitimate deep concealment option. Grip-printing won't be an issue, but you'll still have a block (no pun intended) in your waistband, pocket, etc.

One of the Glocks attributes is it's simplicity. This negates that by adding more parts, and more points of possible failure, all the pins and pivot points.

Not to mention the fire control is modified, IE a new trigger pad. This along with who knows what else inside was tinkered with, could be a liability issue. I don't have enough knowledge about this modification, and no real interest to obtain more, to give a completely educated guess.

IMO there is absolutely no advantage in this other than having something to show your friends.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 04-27-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I genuinely do not understand the motivation for such a contraption.

User Tag List