Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Not to Act

Site Supporter
    Had a lady tell us that she was close personal friends with one of our captains. I told her they must not be that close since he was now, and had been, a deputy chief for a couple years. Took a bit of the wind from her sails.

When she filed her IA complaint alleging rudeness, I pointed out that if I called the Deputy Chief a captain I am pretty sure he would correct me in an even more abrupt manner. They seemed good with that.
    Polite Professional

Name dropping Chiefs and Majors, pretty much ends any discretion on my part and guarantees that I will take any available enforcement action. They can show their ticket with my badge number on it to their friend and see how far that gets them.

Speaking of name dropping and fixing things, my mom dropped my name to her elderly neighbor. I jokingly told her that I could fix her parking tickets. Talked myself out of a $170 when I paid those tickets and told her that was the only time I was "fixing" them for her.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The Travis Co DA that went after Rick Perry to derail is campaign (later dismissed).

They didn't mess around with her either.

The "woe-is-me" is always strong in DUI patients...

User Tag List