Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Not to Act

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Or, do you know who my daddy is?
    You'll have to talk to your mom about narrowing down who she was sleeping with 9 months before your birthday.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    You'll have to talk to your mom about narrowing down who she was sleeping with 9 months before your birthday.

Best response I have ever personally witnessed:

"Yeah, didn't we bust him in a men's room a few months ago?"

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Anyone who needs to know why I can't WAIT to get out of NY/NJ, watch this...

http://www.policemag.com/videos/chan...-officers.aspx
    Hats off to those two officers, and all others for that matter, for acting with such professionalism and restraint. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Meh. She wouldn't even be in the top 50th percentile of entitled assholes I've seen. She was downright congenial compared to some.

Bravo Zulu to the officers. I think the best part is she ultimately realized that her frustration level was so high that she couldn't even speak, which resulted in her projecting accusations that the officer "couldn't put a complete sentence together". lol, too funny.

I was thinking the same thing. I watched the video and was underwhelmed. That is a normal encounter for me in my neck of the woods.
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Meh. She wouldn't even be in the top 50th percentile of entitled assholes I've seen. She was downright congenial compared to some.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Do you know who I am?

No that’s why I asked for your license.

I know the Chief!

Tell him I’m doing my job
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Back in my college days, myself and a buddy used to do a weekly gig together for grocery money. Since he didn’t have a car, I’d drive him home. Gig ended at 1am; we’d pack up, and I’d drive him to his dorm and then return home myself. This put me driving down a road that included the two main college meat market (spin the wheel, long island tea type places) at between quarter to 2 and 5 to 2am once a week (bar closing is 2am in this state). Oh, and I also drove a typically shitty old college car.

It would be an exaggeration to say that I got pulled every other week, but it was definitely more often than every 3rd week, averaged out. That sort of track record gives you lots of time to think up the perfect comeback. Time happens when I get lit up, and I see in the rearview that the cop isn’t much older than I am. Perfect.

"Evening Sir, may I see your license and registration please?" (This was before mandatory insurance)

"Officer, do you have any idea who my father is?" I reply, laying it on. I see this guy’s jaw tighten a little bit and, I swear to God, he actually hitches up his Sam Brown with a creak of leather before he responds, tersely:

“No Sir, I most certainly do not!”

(I let it hang for a sec)

"Neither does my mother!”

I see the slightest wisp of a smile at the corner of his mouth. He actually steps back and turns away for a sec, before retining to my rolled down window; "OK, what is going on here?”

I explain my work sitch, that I’ve not had a drop, point out the instrument worth 5 times the car in the back, explain that I get pulled on DWI fishing on this commute all the time, and that I therefore had months of prep to have a little bit of fun with him.

Hands license and green sheet back: “get the fuck out of here..."

Saw him chuckling on the way back to his PPV.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    A good friend of mine and I actually had a bet going on who would get pulled over first, and the deal was the first guy to get pulled over had to lead with "do you know who my father is?"

It was me, and I said it, waited long enough for the shock to set in, and then followed it up with "...because I thought maybe you could help me find him? Like as a police officer are you able to look up records or something, or, maybe I just look familiar because I know my mom kind of had a thing for cops back in the 70s, or like you just know somebody who knocked up a hippy back then, and really I just want to start a relationship with the guy because I need the guidance. Do you know who my father is? Like I'm genuinely asking here. Even a lead, or clues, or whatever. Anything helps. Seriously."

No ticket.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List