Thread: Any experience with choate extension?

Any experience with choate extension?

Plus one choate extension came with a mossberg pump gun. Nothing comes up in a search in terms of quality durability etc.

If I were to upgrade is vang comp plus one the way to go?
    Last edited by NoLock; 04-25-2018 at 07:41 PM.

I have a Choate on an 1100 and an 870. They have only been on there for about 30 years. No problems in that time. The 1100 has been used a little rough. I guess both quality and durability are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I have a Choate on an 1100 and an 870. They have only been on there for about 30 years. No problems in that time. The 1100 has been used a little rough. I guess both quality and durability are OK.
    Same here. I have one on an old 1100, and I had them on 870s and a S&W 3000 back in the day. No problems with them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Another old data point, from back in the bowling pin days (late 80s). I have one one my 10+1 1187. It still works, but I think I changed the spring once.

Site Supporter
    I have a Vang +1 on a M 590A1. My subjective opinion is that out of the four that I have owned, it's the best quality one. The Vang shell follower is top notch also. Yes, they are expensive.

User Tag List