Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Golden State Killer"

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

The "Golden State Killer"

He was a notorious serial killer back in the day-- at least a dozen murder and over 40 rapes. he was also known as the East Bay Rapist and the Original Night Stalker.

They matched his DNA and arrested him.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Heard that on NPR, along with he was a police officer when at least 1 of the murders was committed.

I'll bet when they put the cuffs on him, he was one suprised SOB, Probably figuring that after all this time, he had it made.. Well, just like Gomer Pyle used to say " Suprise, Suprise, Sgt Carter!!!"

He's going to be an interesting one. I wonder if they found any trophies in the house.

It will be interesting to know when he stopped, and why.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    He's going to be an interesting one. I wonder if they found any trophies in the house.

It will be interesting to know when he stopped, and why.
    At least, in California, it appears he stopped in 1986. He would have been ~40 years old then. My guess is, there are more bodies in other states. He was fired as a police officer in 1979. That's 6-7 more active years. So, what did he do as employment in the interim?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    At least, in California, it appears he stopped in 1986. He would have been ~40 years old then. My guess is, there are more bodies in other states. He was fired as a police officer in 1979. That's 6-7 more active years. So, what did he do as employment in the interim?
    I had a passing brush with this case circa 2001 or 2002 and I seem to remember some conjecture that the guy might be a painter or construction worker or something. I try to keep serial killer stuff at a couple arm's length anymore, but I do seem to remember that there was some thought that some of them might "age out" in the 40's and stop. I think Ridgeway and the BTK guy both retired at some point.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

From an article that was talking about a book on this case (I think the author was Michelle McNamara), this guy did recon runs into the homes of his victims. If they had guns, he unloaded them.

If you have a nightstand/bed gun, It might be a good idea to check it, now and then.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    From an article that was talking about a book on this case (I think the author was Michelle McNamara), this guy did recon runs into the homes of his victims. If they had guns, he unloaded them.

If you have a nightstand/bed gun, It might be a good idea to check it, now and then.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    Should have added a link to the book- I'll Be Gone in the Dark.

California? He'll be babied the rest of his life. A just society would have had rope and a tall public tree ready already.

Shame no one had reason to put him in the dirt before he was taken alive.
    Last edited by Peally; 04-26-2018 at 11:43 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    California? He'll be babied the rest of his life. A just society would have had rope and a tall public tree ready already.

Shame no one had reason to put him in the dirt before he was taken alive.
    According to the DA they will be seeking the death penalty. Of course, Death Row at San Quentin is a 20-30 year journey. Maybe - maybe - he will decline his appeals and get it over with.

User Tag List