Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPS RMSC

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Are those Shield sights suitably rugged for CCW?

civiliandefender.com

CCW? Yes. General duty? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Are those Shield sights suitably rugged for CCW?
    I’m sure it depends on your standards for CCW grade. Aaron Cowen (Sage Dynamics) beat the crap out of a couple for a review and said it wasn’t bet-your-life-on-it grade.
    David S.

I would love to hear the list of red dot sights that will stand up to beating the crap out of and are “bet your life on” tough.

The advantage of the RMS is it is relatively unobtrusive, being smallish, low and clear, so your regular iron sights work right through it, if the dot goes missing or inop. I have one of these Walther PPS factory pistols inbound to test, along with a CT green laser grip module, to give me an alternative sighting system. By chance, Mark Housel just finished my PPQ five inch slide, direct mill RMS installation, and has that headed my way, so will also be testing that.

Ive been listening to Steve Fisher, Scott Jedlinski, and Aaron Cowan on the topic because I’m lead to believe that they are the trusted voices on the subject of RDS for defensive purposes. From what I can tell they seem unanimous about the RMR for durability. The DP is a distant second.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Ive been listening to Steve Fisher, Scott Jedlinski, and Aaron Cowan on the topic because I’m lead to believe that they are the trusted voices on the subject of RDS for defensive purposes. From what I can tell they seem unanimous about the RMR for durability. The DP is a distant second.
    I wouldn’t run a DP Pro on a reciprocating slide, for defensive purposes, even if someone paid me to. Especially on a multi optic slide like the MOS or Walther Q5. Leupold has four of my tango uniform Pros right now, trying to figure out why they keep breaking.

Currently, the RMR seems the best choice for defense, but I am not a fan of the small, tinted display it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    CCW? Yes. General duty? No.
    Seems to me than whoever is using the dots for duty, as opposed to for teaching classes or shooting the competition, is not posting much of anything on the internet. So much so that we don't know much about who uses what dots for what kind of duty, and with what effects.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-27-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Hasn't @DocGKR mentioned his use of a RMR on duty pistols?

I am not sure if he is in active duty now. I thought he had a busy orofacial practice while maintaining close professional relationships with LE. I could be wrong. I think he had implied that law enforcement with whom he works have been using RMRs but, again, the scope of such use remains an off-line subject, as is the use of optic enabled pistols by the military.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-27-2018 at 10:06 AM.

User Tag List