Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas PD Chief Hall

Dallas PD Chief Hall

Just curious, how is Chief Hall doing and perceived down there? I heard her broadcast(she got on the Police radio, told the troops how proud of them she was, and thanked them after two Dallas Officers were shot) last night and it caused me to look into her background. Collects handguns, good shooter, fit, dad was killed in the line of duty in Detroit. Definitely not what I was expecting. Gutsy, to take on a tough assignment in Dallas, knowing she'd be an outsider.

At best she's in over her head and clueless. She hasn't made any effort to meet much of the rank and file, and I'd wager that 90% of patrol still haven't seen her in a detail.

https://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...ef-renee-hall/

Clueless in how she might not realize that posing like a goof ball with an unapproved weapon, at the range where that's strictly prohibited, might irk a couple officers. At best a really clueless asshole for dressing like a fucking black panther in a city where 5 cops were recently murdered by a black empowerment radical.

Name:  thuglife.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  36.7 KB
    Last edited by txdpd; 04-26-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Best quote I heard from a Dallas officer (same race and gender as the Chief) was “we are like the Titanic. We hit an iceberg and we need help and they sent us another iceberg”.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Best quote I heard from a Dallas officer (same race and gender as the Chief) was “we are like the Titanic. We hit an iceberg and we need help and they sent us another iceberg”.
    That's cold.

(And unfortunate...despite being pretty much the norm.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Just talked to another officer who said they think she is doing the best she can under the conditions present. Far better than the former Chief and they think she is fairly hamstrung by the Mayor and City Council on changes that are going to take money.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

A co-worker saw that picture and commented that it looked like it could be the cover of a mixtape.

Thank you for the comments. Usually I'm not a fan of the outside Chief hire.

She has come into a bad situation and seems not to be very capable in the best of circumstances. You are right that she is a mouth piece for Mayor, City Manager and City Council. Everyone had hoped for the very best and have seemed to have fallen well short.
    Money will be a large part of turning this thing around and the Mayor has no intention of doing that.
    Last edited by sierra 223; 05-10-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfa...=287-561758318

A bigger, better iceberg. We were close enough to rock bottom with Brown that we really didn’t need to find a drill and dynamite, and dig deeper.

For all the shit that Brown pulled, and I could write volumes, I was never put in a position to tell decent people to fuck off, because the department has completely tied my hands.
    Last edited by txdpd; 06-06-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List