Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stories That Don't Get Reported

The Stories That Don't Get Reported

Rhetorical question, I suppose, and preaching to the choir...but where are these stories in the mainstream media? Some pretty good ones in Issue #72 which was in my inbox this morning.

But of course, firearms are only used by bad people to do bad things...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Rhetorical question, I suppose, and preaching to the choir...but where are these stories in the mainstream media? Some pretty good ones in Issue #72 which was in my inbox this morning.

You do realize that all of those stories came from newspapers and tv stations?

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    You do realize that all of those stories came from newspapers and tv stations?

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    Yes, of course. But they get very little national attention is the point. But thanks, Capt. Obvious.

(Just kidding, don't get the castration shears out just yet.)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Because they are common and of no particular interest? There's also plenty of bad people/bad things stories that don't get national attention. How many doper on doper shootings do you hear about? Kids finding guns and shooting themselves? Very little interest if nobody involved is a celebrity.

Right now schools are big deals. A few years ago it was malls. Now you can have a doper on doper shooting in a mall and not get picked up by the national news, but if someone drops a gun accidentally near a school, it's more likely to get picked up.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

How much press did this get?

Unpublished CDC Study Confirms over 2 Million Annual Defensive Gun Uses

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...sive-gun-uses/

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    How much press did this get?

Unpublished CDC Study Confirms over 2 Million Annual Defensive Gun Uses

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...sive-gun-uses/
    I read about that just the other day...but on a different outlet. Don't remember which at the moment.

Site Supporter
    One of our local TV stations does self-defense stories pretty constantly and some positive stories about training teachers and civilians. Did a good series on carrying guns and the need for more training in H2H and retention.

Nationally, forget it. Even Fux and Fiends starts babbling antigun rhetoric if they off their master's scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Rhetorical question, I suppose, and preaching to the choir...but where are these stories in the mainstream media?
    Because they are common and of no particular interest? There's also plenty of bad people/bad things stories that don't get national attention. How many doper on doper shootings do you hear about? Kids finding guns and shooting themselves? Very little interest if nobody involved is a celebrity.
    Carjackings used to get a lot of coverage. Now, there has to be at least a kid in the car seat when the car gets stolen for it to get much play. Or video.

Here's one that didn't get a lot of press. What I heard about this one is that the two perps came into the store, carrying empty shopping bags. Since it's not terribly common for people to bring their own shopping bags into a cell phone store, the owner and at least one other employee were ready to pull. The perps pulling their masks down over their faces was an additional clue. When the perps showed their weapons, the shooting began.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Carjackings used to get a lot of coverage. Now, there has to be at least a kid in the car seat when the car gets stolen for it to get much play. Or video.
    Yeah, that led to at least two things:
    1) My state got a specific charge for Carjacking. That recently went away and now it's just under the general Robbery law again.
    2) The popularity of the Taurus Judge.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Yeah, that led to at least two things:
    1) My state got a specific charge for Carjacking. That recently went away and now it's just under the general Robbery law again.
    2) The popularity of the Taurus Judge.
    There has to be some snarky way to reply to that. I'm drawing a blank.

User Tag List