Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dealership did not add oil after oil change

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

I have a new Toyota myself, haven't even gotten to the first of three free oil changes from a dealer. I typically take my vehicles to a one-off mom & pop drive thru place where we know each other by name, but more importantly, remain in the car for the work and watch them physically put oil in the car. I'll take my 4R there after the freebees are up, and pray that it's done right until then.

Glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy your new truck.
    Yeah this is a great approach. If you can't or don't feel comfortable doing oil changes and other maintenance yourself, then this is the next best thing.

Worst thing I ever saw from a dealership: tech left a police cruiser's steering wheel knuckle loose. steering wheel would spin freely with no vehicle response.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    They used Katskinz. The quality of this product is much nicer than the factory leather...
    Katskinz lasts significantly longer as well, probably because it's actual leather and not a leather/pleather hybrid.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Nice that there was a satisfactory conclusion to this saga / debacle. Congrats!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

UPDATE:

New truck for 3k. It all worked out in the end, but I had to be a Hard Ass. This bears repeating, the screw up was bad, but the way the dealership handled this issue was worse.

Side note, They needed to upgrade the cloth seats originally in the truck to heated leather, because that is what I had. They used Katskinz. The quality of this product is much nicer than the factory leather, so if your ever in the market for upgrading interior you may want to take a look.

In any case, I can put this all behind me now, I hope.
    Katskin is the only leather I let installed in our units. You can do some crazy custom stuff with them too.

I’m glad the situation worked out best for you.
    Enjoy the truck and I hope it lasts for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    My detailed oriented personality wants more details/numbers/line-items to see how it all worked out. As long as you feel like you were made "whole" I guess that's all that matters. (notice I didn't say "happy"... happy would have been them not screwing the pooch to begin with.)
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I think the op was treated fairly. Sadly, he had to work to get there. I too would like to know factors changing their mind.
    This is how it worked out and the factors that changed their mind:

I paid 3K OTD plus my truck for a 2018 truck with the same options I had on my 2016 with 27K miles.
    The dealership was required to make me whole. It was either give me the deal I got, or replace my entire engine, and pay for all my expenses until they were able to make me whole.

The dealership was required to make me whole.
    This reads as if there were some external force making them do this. Can you expand on that?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This reads as if there were some external force making them do this. Can you expand on that?
    The only external force that I am aware of, was me. I know what they were required to do for me because of their neglegence, and the liability they subsequently incurred. We both simply made business descions that were in our best interets.

They tried to act like dick heads about it, but when the game was over, their best hitter couldn’t touch my fastball!

I’m glad it worked out. That seems like a pretty satisfactory deal to me.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

This is really the only outcome that was going to be a win. Otherwise you would have never been happy. Even if they replaced the engine you would have heard every tick every quirk that truck ever made or heard.

I'd have to call that a 'made whole' as well. While the hassle must have sucked, and dropping an unexpected $3k probably wasn't fun, it's certainly better than the alternative outcomes.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List