Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dealership did not add oil after oil change

A few weeks ago, BMW didn't put oil in my cousin's 435, while it was in for routine service. The car never left the dealership, and thecar was only five months away from the end of the lease. When you take into account that they can take a lease back in 2-3 months before the end, and start a new lease, their tactic should have been easy to assume. She told them to end her lease early, and she'd start a new, three-year lease. They told her no, and that since they only "lost the head", they'd fix it and return her car to her.

They could have played it up a bit, and told her that even if BMW NA didn't want to allow it, they forced a her lease completion to be accelerated. She would have told anyone who asked, that BMW bent over backwards for her. Instead, they fought over 2, $600 payments

They could have given he a new car, for 2 months, until the lease was up, and labeled the car as a manager demo

They could have not tried to tell her that the "rest of the engine is fine", and that it was just the head that was damaged. Her husband had to call out the service manager, and I had to tell another buddy at the dealership that they were trying to pull a fast one on her.

After a few weeks of bullshit, they took her car back and cut her a new lease on an X5

It's crazy how they could've turned a huge fuck-up into more sales. Yet they tried really hard to alienate her. Truly puzzling
    Last edited by theJanitor; 05-07-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    A few weeks ago, BMW didn't put oil in my cousin's 435, while it was in for routine service. The car never left the dealership, and thecar was only five months away from the end of the lease. When you take into account that they can take a lease back in 2-3 months before the end, and start a new lease, their tactic should have been easy to assume. She told them to end her lease early, and she'd start a new, three-year lease. They told her no, and that since they only "lost the head", they'd fix it and return her car to her.

They could have played it up a bit, and told her that even if BMW NA didn't want to allow it, they forced a her lease completion to be accelerated. She would have told anyone who asked, that BMW bent over backwards for her. Instead, they fought over 2, $600 payments

They could have given he a new car, for 2 months, until the lease was up, and labeled the car as a manager demo

They could have not tried to tell her that the "rest of the engine is fine", and that it was just the head that was damaged. Her husband had to call out the service manager, and I had to tell another buddy at the dealership that they were trying to pull a fast one on her.

After a few weeks of bullshit, they took her car back and cut her a new lease on an X5

It's crazy how they could've turned a huge fuck-up into more sales. Yet they tried really hard to alienate her. Truly puzzling
    People these days simply don’t understand that the damage of an unhappy, let alone lost, customer extends FAR beyond the individual. If one looks at the cost of advertisements, and how much it would ‘cost’ to fix the problem and make the customer happy, they would likely find that they get YEARS of positive commentary to drive customers to them, actually making it a profitable end-term situation.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Not really as she opted for a new lease from the same dealer. If she had decided to take her business elsewhere or escalated within the dealership to the point that the dealer felt some pain, perhaps the next customer would get a different treatment. But the dealer basically lost nothing in this instance save a bit of word-of-mouth. So the dealer does not really see what their approach cost them in this case.

We've got one BMW dealer here, and she was going to jump ship to Mercedes. They FINALLY cut her a new deal (with way less profit), and she's telling everyone how bad BMW treated her in that case. So they did get a new lease out of her, but only cause the deal was good. and she's never going to recommend BMW to anyone else. She's been with Lexus twice, and her husband's infinity's lease ends in six months. I doubt they will ever get another sale from her or her friends again. This place is too small to treat customers this way. Lots of people going from BMW to Audi or Benz in the past year

I'm a former 335 owner, and many of my friends are BMW clients. The story is being retold, and I already know of two people who are going to take their business elsewhere

User Tag List