Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealership did not add oil after oil change

Dealership did not add oil after oil change

Tundra 5.7 L
    I went to the dealership for an oil change. I left and noticed to check engine light, the heard valve tapping noise. I stopped and checked the dipstick, it was bone dry.

The dealer towed the car and admitted, they did not add oil, NO SHIT. They want to run it thru their insurance and possibly replace the short block. They are hesitant at this point to replace the heads unless there is verifiable damage. I fell as if they should replace the entire motor, any part that should operate with oil should be replaced, it was NEVER designed to operate without oil. They also threw out the idea of trading my 16 Tundra for an 18, exact model and features, at a cost of $10,000 to me.

I feel as if they are trying do the bare minimum to half ass fix their mistake, and or try make make money from their mistake by offering a trade.

If I can't trust them to do an oil change how can I trust them to do an engine rebuild/replacement?

Any additional options on my part?

Lawyer and massive complaining. Minimum entire new motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Lawyer and massive complaining. Minimum entire new motor.
    ^^^ That!

How many miles on the 16? Do you owe anything on it?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    If I can't trust them to do an oil change how can I trust them to do an engine rebuild/replacement?
    That's not exactly the right way to think of it. Depending on the dealership you may have any random kid doing oil changes rather than a 30 year experience Toyota Master Tech with a dozen trips to Japan under their belt. There are typically redundant checks but shit happens.

The engine rebuild won't be a routine thing, you won't have some kid getting three calls and a visit from his girlfriend while they're working on your truck.

They likely wanna get you into something new and untainted because they can pawn your current truck off and possibly omit details. I'd push for a new engine as you know what a new Toyota engine is supposed to do, you didn't buy a rebuilt truck in 2016 and you don't want one now. The deal for a new truck might work out to be awesome, depending on where you stand on your payments and such.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

How far did you drive before you shut it down and called the tow truck?

Site Supporter
    Call Mama Toyota.

Just to confirm my memory: is this the same truck that the dealer’s crew drove into a pole or something?

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    How far did you drive before you shut it down and called the tow truck?
    This is the big question.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Wow...
    #RESIST

User Tag List