Thread: NovX Ammunition review by American Rifleman

NovX Ammunition review by American Rifleman

I'm absolutely disgusted after having seen this fluff piece. Another light weight, high speed projectile that will not meet expectations.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...vx-ammunition/

Beyond increasing on-target energy, the additional velocity greatly enhances the ARX’s terminal effect. “The fluted design of the ARX bullet is quite amazing, as it operates on the principle of fluid dynamics rather than hydrostatic shock,” explained Schultz. Molded into the projectile are three distinct flutes that, as the bullet penetrates soft tissue (and fluid), transfer the forward energy laterally. The fluids, spinning at around 120,000 rotations per minute (r.p.m.), are forced in an outward direction at upward of two times the speed of the bullet itself. “A new phenomenon has been realized,” Shultz said. “NovX can achieve breaking the liquid sound barrier, actually causing a sonic boom inside whatever water-based material it may encounter—water, clay, gel, flesh, blood, et cetera.”
    What a bunch of hogwash.

[ETA] I forgot the biggest joke: They demonstrated its effectiveness by shooting it into modeling clay. I'm gonna barf.
    Last edited by Zhukov; 04-24-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Daddy loves you. Now go away.

User Tag List