Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock sights

Question Glock sights

Hi everyone,
    quick question for you about ameriglo sights. On most of my clocks that I carry I run the hackathorn sights. I love the all black rear site and the white or notch on the rear. I just bought a new Glock 42 and need to put sights on it and I'm also curious about the cap sights from ameriglo. Seems to be reasonably the same setup with a slightly different rear sight aperture Plus the yellow marking on the rear sight. Looking to see if anyone has any time behind both sets of sights and can maybe give me some thoughts between the two. Obviously these are carry guns not Target Guns.

Thanks,
    Drew

I run CAP sights on my BUG and training GLOCKs - and actually prefer them to the plain black rears of the Hacks. My primary carry guns still have CAP front with Operator Rears - because when all is said and done I like having the three dots - call me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I run CAP sights on my BUG and training GLOCKs - and actually prefer them to the plain black rears of the Hacks. My primary carry guns still have CAP front with Operator Rears - because when all is said and done I like having the three dots - call me crazy!
    Alright crazy, thanks for the reply. Is the front sight tight in the rear sight notch it is there some daylight there side to side?

I have the orange TCAP sights on my G19. That’s the same as the CAP’s but the front sight is extra thin so there is quite a bit of light on each side. I am still fairly new to them, but I have decided they are much better for me than standard Glock night sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hacks have an enormous rear notch.

CAP and TCAP sights still give me plenty of light on each side of the blade and my eyes aren't what they used to be.
    Last edited by Greg; 04-24-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hacks have an enormous rear notch.

CAP and TCAP sights still give me plenty of light on each side of the blade and my eyes aren't what they used to be.
    Yes they do have a huge rear notch, and I guess that plus the absence of lamps or markings on the rear is why I like them so much. I think I'll stay with the Hacks, I'll have the exact same sight picture between my 43 and 42. Consistency is a good thing, I think in this regard

I started a thread asking about the new XS F8 sights but got no response. No one uses them?

Interesting thread, as it points to my own recent discovery on sight pictures with Glocks.

I very recently inherited a well worn G17 gen 3 and like-new G19 gen 4. The G17 came with stock 'goal post' sights, which worked well for me---good hits at speed were rather effortless. The G19 came with the Trijicon 'Bright & Tough" rear sight and a quasi-HD front sight. Again, good hits were rather easy.

I decided to install Hackathorns on the G17 in hopes of optimizing that piece, but it turns out that my older-guy (fuzzy focus) eyes need a better reference at the rear sight to achieve proper overall sight alignment. I'm now planning to swap my rear sight from all-black to one with two dots......or possibly adding a dab of orange to the bottom of the all-black sight's notch to replicate the CAP rear sight. Hmmmm.........

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I decided to install Hackathorns on the G17 in hopes of optimizing that piece, but it turns out that my older-guy (fuzzy focus) eyes need a better reference at the rear sight to achieve proper overall sight alignment. I'm now planning to swap my rear sight from all-black to one with two dots......or possibly adding a dab of orange to the bottom of the all-black sight's notch to replicate the CAP rear sight. Hmmmm.........
    UV - I'm in the same camp, without the fuzzy eyesight. I've tried ALL KINDS of sight combinations over the years, but have never had good results with super wide rear notches. Too much light means I spend too much time "floating" the front sight in the notch when I'm shooting at distance, and, frankly, I don't need that much "light" for fast, close shooting - index and a rough sight picture do it for me...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    UV - I'm in the same camp, without the fuzzy eyesight. I've tried ALL KINDS of sight combinations over the years, but have never had good results with super wide rear notches. Too much light means I spend too much time "floating" the front sight in the notch when I'm shooting at distance, and, frankly, I don't need that much "light" for fast, close shooting - index and a rough sight picture do it for me...
    Yeah, I was amazed at how poorly I was shooting with the Hackathorns, even with intense effort. I then realized that my fuzzy-focus was causing me to (falsely) lift the front sight up too high the rear notch, thus sending rounds way high and off target. I think 3-dot is where I need to stay going forward.

User Tag List