Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA Breaks Fundraising Record After Parkland

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

NRA Breaks Fundraising Record After Parkland

From The Miami Herald:

As the student-led March for Our Lives movement captured the nation's attention in the weeks after the Parkland shooting, the other side of the gun control debate enjoyed a banner month of its own.

The National Rifle Association's Political Victory Fund raised $2.4 million from March 1 to March 31, the group's first full month of political fundraising since the nation's deadliest high school shooting on Valentine's Day, according to filings submitted to the Federal Elections Commission. The total is $1.5 million more than the organization raised during the same time period in 2017, when it took in $884,000 in donations, and $1.6 million more than it raised in February 2018.

The $2.4 million haul is the most money raised by the NRA's political arm in one month since June 2003, the last month when electronic federal records were readily available. It surpasses the $1.1 million and $1.5 million raised in January and February 2013, the two months after the Sandy Hook school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
    I'd love to see the numbers for other gun rights groups.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post

I'd love to see the numbers for other gun rights groups.
    I’d love to see the numbers from 3/24...

Site Supporter
    Good news.

I can say I was $20 of that... did the 1 year promo for the kid and a friend.
    Now if they'd just do the $300 lifetime thing again I'd be all over it for at least the kid.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Some numbers from BBC News:

Gun control organisations have not seen the same donation momentum.

Everytown for Gun Safety, a nonprofit group advocating for gun control, raised just $13,580 (£9,700) for their political fund in March.

March for Our Lives, the group founded after the Parkland shooting, did raise $3.5m (£2.5m) since February, but according to the fundraising page, half of the money went towards the Washington on 24 March.

The rest went to the victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
    The NRA puts that money to work with lobbying efforts.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Also, a lot of march for our lives was a bunch of rich dudes with agendas. I'd bet millions of that money came from Hollywood types.

They're a handful of people with millions of dollars. We're millions of people with a handful of dollars.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I wonder how much the ILA got?
    Two different funds I think, and the ILA is where I usually donate. My guess is the ILA doesn't report in the same way as the political victory fund.
    Last edited by idahojess; 04-24-2018 at 11:08 PM.

I hope everyone on this forum is a member of the NRA and contributes to the NRA ILA and/or the NRA Political Victory fund.

Now, more than ever it is important to bulk up the organization.

I realize that at times they are a slow bureaucracy and have stupid people talking for them (Ted Nugent), but they are the best and loudest voice that gunowners have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I hope everyone on this forum is a member of the NRA and contributes to the NRA ILA and/or the NRA Political Victory fund.
    I am a lazy person, so rather than exercising initiative and doing my own research, I'll just ask here: when you go to NRA.org and click 'Donate,' where does that money go? Because that's what I did, under the assumption that money would then be distributed by someone who knew what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post

Now, more than ever it is important to bulk up the organization.

I realize that at times they are a slow bureaucracy and have stupid people talking for them (Ted Nugent), but they are the best and loudest voice that gunowners have.
    +1

These numbers are public because they are for just the PAC, Political Action Fund.

I bet the ILA cleaned up too. That's where I put my $50. I'd love to know the combined total.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List