Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm just going to say it

From the bench my AR's will shoot tighter groups than my AK's.

From the shoulder I see no real difference.

I thought all AR carbines on the internet are 1 moa or better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm just going to say it. I don't really like AR carbines. AR Rifles Rule the Universe! (ducking out quickly, going back to the 60's/70's)
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I don't need an MOA carbine either. My longest shot right now would be ~40 feet.

Doesn't mean I don't want an MOA carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Oh shit, yeah. My WASR is sub MOA all day long with Wolf reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would venture most of mine are with Black Hills or precision handloads....but I don’t care. I have an SPR I hand load for, its a shooter for sure.

I zero my fighting guns with duty ammo, and my training guns with 55 fmj and leave it alone unless I think something is off. Most of the time, it was just me missing [emoji15]

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Oh shit, yeah. My WASR is sub MOA all day long with Wolf reloads.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I shot this 11 round (or so) group from the prone at 100 yards in a @Kyle Defoor adv carbine class. For a 4MOA red dot, 16" carbine, and decades-old Soviet surplus 5.45x39mm ammo, I was very happy.

I was in that class with you. Good times!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm just going to say it

I’m fine with being the unpopular one and saying no I don’t need a carbine or whatever that is 1-1.5 MOA but I wouldn’t be any worse for wear if I did.

I totally get the argument but I wouldn’t ditch a gun that shot 1.5 or better. Having equipment that is more capable/more inherently accurate aids in reducing margin of error in less than optimal conditions. Not that it makes up for shitty marksmanship/bad wind call etc. but it helps. When your ass is on the line no one is wishing their gun was less accurate or they had fewer rounds on tap. I always thought/wished my shit was lighter but that was about it and certainly never the latter.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-25-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I’m fine with being the unpopular one and saying no I don’t need a carbine or whatever that is 1-1.5 MOA but I wouldn’t be any worse for wear if I did.

I totally get the argument but I wouldn’t ditch a gun that shot 1.5 or better. Having equipment that is more capable/more inherently accurate aids in reducing margin of error in less than optimal conditions. Not that it makes up for shitty marksmanship/bad wind call etc. but it helps. When your ass is on the line no one is wishing their gun was less accurate or they had fewer rounds on tap. I always thought/wished my shit was lighter but that was about it and certainly never the latter.
    I think you missed our points.

User Tag List