Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm just going to say it

I'm just going to say it

I don't need a 1MOA carbine for nearly anything. Whew! Glad that I got that off of my chest, thanks for listening
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Hell, I’m good with 3-4 moa - point of diminishing returns is about there for my budget and purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the online furor when my brother said that during the Second Battle of Fallujah, all he needed was 2MOA out of his SR-25 sniper rifle and the rifle did that easily for him

He's the sniper behind the SR-25 at 1:50 in this video.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't need a 1MOA carbine for nearly anything. Whew! Glad that I got that off of my chest, thanks for listening
    Gonna get you kilt in da streets. 0.5 moa or nothing! The [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I shot this 11 round (or so) group from the prone at 100 yards in a @Kyle Defoor adv carbine class. For a 4MOA red dot, 16" carbine, and decades-old Soviet surplus 5.45x39mm ammo, I was very happy.

Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-24-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    #RESIST

I remember the online furor when my brother said that during the Second Battle of Fallujah, all he needed was 2MOA out of his SR-25 sniper rifle and the rifle did that easily for him

This video brought back memories- I was part of the little talked about part 1 in fallujah when some Mattis guy was in charge.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I agree that I don't need a 1 MOA carbine for anything.

But I happen to own and use a factory build DDV7 carbine that is used as my Patrol Rifle at work. This gun around 1 MOA on most days and I won't throw the gun away for being too accurate.

To be honest, I've had 6 Colt 6920's pass through my hands over the last few years, most now belong to my kids or step-kids. None of them were MOA guns, but every one of them were more than accurate for LE Patrol work or personal defense.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 04-24-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Site Supporter
    It's good to see you post again, beat trash. I used to read your posts on another forum. What can you share with us about your dept's issued equipment, good or bad?

2moa hits a man in the chest at 800 all day

As someone who spends way too much time and money shooting long range the whole my rifle is .5-.3-1.0 moa thing drives me insane.

99 x’s out of 100, it’s the trigger puller not the rifle.

Sure I can shoot .5 when I’m working up a load, shooting from prone, and take a lot of time building my position. But when I sprint hills, do 10 burpees then jump behind my rig and only have 20sec to get a hit (training for mountain hunting) I’m no where close to .5

And all this worrying about 10ths of an inch doesn’t mean jacksh$t if you miss your wind call.

I do KD4’s 200yd rundown carbine drill frequently....I’m def not 1 moa. Hahahaha!

And.....1” at 100 doesn’t mean anything to me, or anyone who shoots for precision.

Standard Deviation is a thing

User Tag List