Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Criminals and firearms training

Criminals, especially the most evil, psycho SOB's, do train. Some 30 years ago, I watched a training film of surveillance film of San Quentin outlaw biker bangers training to take away guns from cops.

A Huntington Beach, CA cop shot an killed one of two Aryan Brotherhood bangers who were doing an armed robbery. I watched the training film of it. The two dirt bag bangers were not only well trained, they were using their training on the cop. He immediately recognized what they were attempting to do (distract him preparatory to murdering him). In the ensuing gunfight, the HBPD cop killed one of the bangers. The other escaped & subsequently arrested and charged with the felony murder rule & armed robbery. He's probably still in either Corcoran or Pelican Bay, which is where he belongs.

But for the HBPD cop's professional training, knowledge of professional defensive firearms training and tactics, and knowledge of dangerous criminals, his name might be on the Peace Officer's Memorial at Washington, D.C.

In my opinion, being able to immediately assess abilities of a threat is as important as tactical firearms.

At the beginning of summer of '18, I saw an EME banger in a Suburban So Cal city. I ID'ed by tats. He was proud of his EME tats. Nope. I wasn't armed. But there were many cops around who had assuredly ID'd him and FI'd him long before I saw him. He was probably on S&S, so cops probably, at least, Terry frisked him. An EME banger is trained and will fight to the death of either himself or a good guy.

If you can view any of LAPD Captain Rich Wemmer's officer survival videos, jump all over it. Captain Wemmer was an expert's expert on officer survival. His interviews of cops who survived shootouts provided incredible live-saving knowledge. I'm sure that every law enforcement training facility in the nation has Rich Wemmer's videos in their libraries. BTW, I am darn near 100% certain that that video of the HBPD cop who survived the gunfight with two AB bangers was a Captain Wemmer production.
    Last edited by Trumpster; 07-24-2018 at 12:20 PM.

“An EME banger is trained and will fight to the death of either himself or a good guy.”

Not from my experience. They will drop their guns and give up just like all the others looking for easy victims when they get dominated by tactics, speed and someone capable of great controlled violence. I dealt with them for years, and I have also stopped three separate in progress Mexican Mafia hits by what should be the top of their food chain if they are doing ordered executions.

They will fight if they think they can win in general. I knew exactly one that would fight every time you contacted him. Only one I ever respected. He also lost everyone of those fights, including with guns. Now, when it came to executing unarmed helpless victims, he was exceptional in that skillset. Most of these are simply hyenas. They work well in packs against the weak.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by JATA View Post
    Do 1% Motorcycle Clubs have any vets in em? Hmmm
    People also forget (or conveniently refuse to acknowledge) the sheer number of Cat4 monumental shitbags the military in general and the Army in particular were allowing to enlist in the early-to-late-2000s, IoT provide the bodies required to support the various troop surges going on.

The ripples in the pond of which are STILL being dealt with, to this very day.

User Tag List