Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions - HSGI Taco vs. Polymer Taco vs. ???

Opinions - HSGI Taco vs. Polymer Taco vs. ???

I need some mag pouches to be exact and I want them to function with both 32-round Colt SMG mags and double-stack 9mm mags for USPSA Limited and PCC. That is leaving me with only a few options, because I don't want to be futzing around changing mag pouches at matches. I'm lazy like that.

So, I'm basically split on going with regular nylon Tacos, but the new polymer tacos look pretty nice and more rigid than tradition tacos. Thoughts?

Other options that I might be missing out on?

I'm not CC'ing these pouches. I'm pretty much a "spare mag in the pocket" kind of guy.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-23-2018 at 08:29 PM.

I like the Esstac Kywi pouches. They make subgun specific pouches in single, double, triple and quad in many different colors and patterns.

Blue Force Gear's "Ten Speed" belt mag pouch, maybe?

https://www.blueforcegear.com/single...elt-pouch.html

Maybe their baton pouch for the SMG mags

https://www.blueforcegear.com/baton-belt-pouch
    Last edited by Guerrero; 04-23-2018 at 09:13 PM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I have no experience with the polymer taco pouches. I love the regular nylon tacos for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I keep a highspeed gear belt with the microgrip under belt thingy, a couple pistol tacos, an AR, taco, and a Safariland GLS profit GLS around as my “universal” rig.

A couple months ago I swapped the GLS for a Bladetec for a 1911. Everything else stayed the same. The Tacos are really handy.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I have a few of the polymer TACO M4 pouches, and they hold AR15, MPX and even Glock 33 round mags.

Name:  8197982A-748F-48C1-AB2E-31A107462AD9.jpg
Views: 5025
Size:  78.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a few of the polymer TACO M4 pouches, and they hold AR15, MPX and even Glock 33 round mags.
    G, I meant to ask in the other thread where we discussed battle belts, but which belt is this? Looks extremely sturdy yet low profile.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    G, I meant to ask in the other thread where we discussed battle belts, but which belt is this? Looks extremely sturdy yet low profile.
    Think it was called a Monkey belt, or something like that name. It was made by a company, that got mentioned by 10-8 or MSW, and they delivered a few, one of which my wife and I were each lucky to get, then they couldn’t produce anymore and there was ample butthurt. Love the belt, and have never been able to find an equivalent one from another maker.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Think it was called a Monkey belt, or something like that name. It was made by a company, that got mentioned by 10-8 or MSW, and they delivered a few, one of which my wife and I were each lucky to get, then they couldn’t produce anymore and there was ample butthurt. Love the belt, and have never been able to find an equivalent one from another maker.
    Bummer. Thanks. The search continues.

+1 on Kywis. If I had to have flexibility for multiple subgun types, I'd probably lean towards the polymer TACOs or the GCode Softshell Scorpions. I like the idea of having as little exposed shock cord as possible.

Can't speak to any others, but the regular old nylon Tacos are amazing.

User Tag List