Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9 dead, 16 injured as pedestrians struck 'one after one' in north Toronto van attack

Now every one is praising the brave canadian officer, who arrested the suspect.
    And if he was able to recognize the suspect was unarmed under this conditions, he really deserves bring praised as a hero for this split second decision.
    But if he really didn' t care, wether the suspect had a gun, I think It's foolish by his agency to praise him.
    Because next time the public will expect an officer to hesitate in a situation like that. And it will be even more difficult, to explain why he or she didn ' t, if a shooting goes south.
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Ban the vans!

Thanks to the police officer's corageous decision to avoid shooting the perpetrator at all costs, in spite of danger to himself, I cannot help but think that Canada will have to spend a large amount of money in legal procedures and jail time of this scumbag.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luger View Post
    Now every one is praising the brave canadian officer, who arrested the suspect.
    And if he was able to recognize the suspect was unarmed under this conditions, he really deserves bring praised as a hero for this split second decision.
    But if he really didn' t care, wether the suspect had a gun, I think It's foolish by his agency to praise him.
    Because next time the public will expect an officer to hesitate in a situation like that. And it will be even more difficult, to explain why he or she didn ' t, if a shooting goes south.
    Watching that video, it appears to be a case where the officer was not prepared or willing to use deadly force, even to save his own life, period. Of course we can't see exactly what the officer saw, or know what he was thinking....but the delay in presenting his weapon from the holster, and the non-response the the suspects action, strongly hint. As the situation unfolded, and the suspects rapid "draw" motion was repeated several times....maybe the officer had an inkling of what was up. But Luger is right...this will be used as a heroic example of why cops don't need to shoot people.

Really telling thing: the people walking out of the store in the background. Clueless. A policeman with drawn pistol and the people in the background just strolling along...

The real lesson from the Toronto van attack isn’t about one hero cop

The TPS training schools also replaced role-playing scenarios that involved the use of paint guns with training guns that shoot blanks. The reason: The paint gun scenarios had required extensive protective gear that made these sessions feel less immediate for the participants. A key theme of the new type of training, according to one front-line officer who recently received his annual retraining, has to do with time. For years, the goal in such high-stakes encounters was to arrest or take out the perpetrator as quickly as possible. Today, cops are trained to do everything they can to slow things down.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.62b71a1fa588

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I’m probably going straight to hell on the express train but...we need to ban rental vans.
    That's the third mass-casualty attack with a Ryder truck.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    That's the third mass-casualty attack with a Ryder truck.
    Well, it's obvious, then. We need to sue Ryder out if business to stop these attacks.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    It now seems that he drove that van into a crowd of people because he couldn't get laid.

I wish that was a joke.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    For years, the goal in such high-stakes encounters was to arrest or take out the perpetrator as quickly as possible. Today, cops are trained to do everything they can to slow things down.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.62b71a1fa588
    Say what now? The goal of an active shooter, terrorist attack, etc is ABSOLUTELY NOT to “slow things down.” It is MOST DEFINITELY to “arrest or take out the perpetrator as quickly as possible.” How does an agency learn from Columbine and then seemingly unlearn the important lessons? You slow down a hostage taking scenario or a barricaded subject who hasn’t hurt anyone. You can’t slow down an active killing. You can only stop it.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Say what now? The goal of an active shooter, terrorist attack, etc is ABSOLUTELY NOT to “slow things down.” ...
    I don't know for certain, but I think it's quite possible that Utopian HappyDance Canada may be on a little different wavelength. Well, Alberta is still relatively sane. Ontario is pretty much 'out there.'
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List