Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 dead, 16 injured as pedestrians struck 'one after one' in north Toronto van attack

Van violence comes to Toronto

Vanman opens throttle on innocent, unvanned people.

You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

9 dead, 16 injured as pedestrians struck 'one after one' in north Toronto van attack

Nine people are dead and 16 others are injured after a van driver plowed into a number of pedestrians Monday in the Yonge Street and Finch Avenue area of North York in Toronto. One suspect is in custody.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...-van-1.4631564

Update, 7:15 PM Eastern: CBC News posted video of the police confrontation with the suspect, who can be heard yelling “Kill me, I have a gun in my pocket, shoot me in the head!” and brandishing an object at the officers.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018...transport-hub/

The video of the arrest is worth watching. (I especially wonder what the officer's wife thinks about it.)

When vans are outlawed, only outlaws will have vans.

RIP to the innocent victims.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I’m probably going straight to hell on the express train but...we need to ban rental vans.

I watched the video earlier. Cop had extraordinary restraint not to smoke that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I’m probably going straight to hell on the express train but...we need to ban rental vans.

I watched the video earlier. Cop had extraordinary restraint not to smoke that dude.
    And to think, my friends and I rented a van in Toronto when we went canoeing up in Algonquin Park. Who knew what desperadoes we might have been seen as.

If only the truths that these tragedies disclose penetrated the thick heads of those who think it's a hardware problem.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Five day waiting period, background checks, rental license. It actually wouldn't surprise me to see a future push for such. This type of attack isn't going away.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Shame someone didn't pull him out on the ground and take care of the issue Israeli bulldozer attack style. But, we live in a world where you get far more time in prison for stealing fajitas than fucking murdering people.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    But, we live in a world where you get far more time in prison for stealing fajitas than fucking murdering people.
    Phrasing
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

This is where the current push to stop mass killings by banning things fails. Humans are pretty damn good when it comes to trying to work out how to kill other humans.
    You pretty much would have to lock everyone in prison to keep them from making weapons, and we all know how well that approach works.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    This is where the current push to stop mass killings by banning things fails. Humans are pretty damn good when it comes to trying to work out how to kill other humans.
    You pretty much would have to lock everyone in prison to keep them from making weapons, and we all know how well that approach works.
    Lock them in solitary and never allow them to come into physical contact with humans again. Otherwise people are gonna people...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-23-2018 at 08:50 PM.

User Tag List