Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42, best Glock pistol there is

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    The G42 can't do anything that a good snubbie revolver loaded with wadcutters can't do better. Ha!
    Comparing just guns, you certainly have a point. Where the 42 shines is the shootability. I love revolvers, and at one time was a Master class PPC shooter. At my revolver best (long gone with the eyes) I could never shoot a J-frame as well as I can a 42 now. Everyone is different, but that’s just my experience and seeing others experience the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Comparing just guns, you certainly have a point. Where the 42 shines is the shootability. I love revolvers, and at one time was a Master class PPC shooter. At my revolver best (long gone with the eyes) I could never shoot a J-frame as well as I can a 42 now. Everyone is different, but that’s just my experience and seeing others experience the same.

I sure wish I could shoot a lightweight J frame like I can the 42! And as long as I am wishing, it would be the J frame could be reloaded as fast as the 42, and the sight options were as good as the 42.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My G42 is scary accurate. My G43, not so much.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I sure wish I could shoot a lightweight J frame like I can the 42! And as long as I am wishing, it would be the J frame could be reloaded as fast as the 42, and the sight options were as good as the 42.
    Heck yeah .... I can turn out better performance with a Ruger LCP than I can any 2" Airweight J-Frame and I shoot the G42 a good bit better than I do the LCP. However, since the G42 just doesn't work for me as a "pocket gun", it doesn't really address a personal need that can't be better accomplished with a G43/Kahr PM9/Sig 365.

But, for the recoil sensitive that still want a relatively powerful (and shootable) pistol in a small package, the G42 is the cat's meow IMO and I recommend it to folks pretty often.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Agreed!! 42 is awesome. Personally, I like the 42 way more than the 43. I have a hard time maintaining a consistent grip on the 43 during a rapid string of fire. Idk what it is, I shoot the shield infinitely better. The 42 though...man you can rip 6 rounds to an A zone under speed and barely work for it. My only complaint is the trigger, it's usable just wish it had the 43 trigger though. I believe the 42/43 both use the same connector though? Maybe an aftermarket connector would help. I like the fact that my girlfriend can successfully make rapid hits with it too and isn't intimidated by the recoil, not the same story with the 43. The 42 to me just fills a niche where nothing else does....... the new Springfield 911 might give it a run for its money though if one fancies a safety.
    " The true Soldier fights not because what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

Quote Originally Posted by BES View Post
    Agreed!! 42 is awesome. Personally, I like the 42 way more than the 43. I have a hard time maintaining a consistent grip on the 43 during a rapid string of fire. Idk what it is, I shoot the shield infinitely better. The 42 though...man you can rip 6 rounds to an A zone under speed and barely work for it. My only complaint is the trigger, it's usable just wish it had the 43 trigger though. I believe the 42/43 both use the same connector though? Maybe an aftermarket connector would help. I like the fact that my girlfriend can successfully make rapid hits with it too and isn't intimidated by the recoil, not the same story with the 43. The 42 to me just fills a niche where nothing else does....... the new Springfield 911 might give it a run for its money though if one fancies a safety.
    My early manufacture 42 had a heavy trigger. The one I replaced it with this year, has the same revised connector as comes in current 43 pistols, and is darn good. I have relegated my j frame to snake shot duty, on walks in the desert, and the 42 is now my bug.

Name:  BE542756-AA3F-4ECF-847F-B37878EAC49F.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  70.0 KB

Yes, the 42 is a great shooting pistol.
    Accurate, no recoil, easy to shoot.
    It bewitched me and i put my J up and started carrying the 42 as my bug.
    I carried it for about two months and just about every day the words of Doctor Roberts would go thru my mind.
    "Stick with FMJ for .380 ACP or better yet, don't use it at all. The use of .380 is really not recommended...."

Sold the 42 and put the J back in my pocket.

Folks, straight up: I got beta-tester screwed on my first 42 (first day they shipped; I should have known better) and I’ve owned 2 G43s. The G43s are gone, and a recent G42 is still here.

I personally think the G26 is the best Glock, but man alive do I enjoy ripping a few rounds out of the 42. Best .380 ever.
    #screwjamesbond

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Folks, straight up: I got beta-tester screwed on my first 42 (first day they shipped; I should have known better) and I’ve owned 2 G43s. The G43s are gone, and a recent G42 is still here.

I personally think the G26 is the best Glock, but man alive do I enjoy ripping a few rounds out of the 42. Best .380 ever.
    #screwjamesbond

Never buy Gen 1 of a gun or fixed wing aircraft. Never buy even Gen 2 if it is a helicopter or made by Sig.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    The G42 can't do anything that a good snubbie revolver loaded with wadcutters can't do better. Ha!
    Better factory sights, easy to upgrade sights, faster reload, shoot seven times before needing to reload, my wife will actually shoot it, skinnier, and lighter than any J that isn’t freakishly expensive.

I love my 642, and I mostly carry a G26 (because it fits ME better and holds more of gooder rounds), but ... I am buying another G42. Daughter needs one. I may need one of my own.

User Tag List