Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42, best Glock pistol there is

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is why.

I like the 43, but there are similar size alternatives that shoot as well (PPS, hopefully 365). Same applies to most all the Glock models -- like most of them but excellent alternatives exist.

With the 42, there is no alternative that I am familiar with that shoots like a Glock 42. It is a pocketable pistol, with almost no recoil, that shoots like a big gun, limited only by the limitations of the .380 cartridge.
    If dominance of a niche is the criteria, you have a good argument alright. Lately I've been thinking that the 19X is the all time best Glock I've encountered. But that was not applying a niche's criteria, just the all around most awesome Glock.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    I sure hope Glock can fix my 42.

The G42 can't do anything that a good snubbie revolver loaded with wadcutters can't do better. Ha!

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is why.

I like the 43, but there are similar size alternatives that shoot as well (PPS, hopefully 365). Same applies to most all the Glock models -- like most of them but excellent alternatives exist.

With the 42, there is no alternative that I am familiar with that shoots like a Glock 42. It is a pocketable pistol, with almost no recoil, that shoots like a big gun, limited only by the limitations of the .380 cartridge.
    My G43 is going down the road soon, I may grab another 42 now that the Gadget exists for them
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    B/c I can shoot it so quickly I can do the 5x5 in less than 4 secs drawing from a pocket holster, hand outside of the pocket. The draw takes the most time by far. Still working on getting over the shortcomings of the cartridge. I mean, ball will completely penetrate a human from all angles and we don't believe that hydrostatic shock is a factor in handguns here, right?
    Last edited by APS-PF; 04-23-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    Adam

Best Glock.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 8.14.06 PM.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  62.5 KB

What? Somebody had to do it.

I can't comment on the 42, but the 43 is likely my favorite Glock. While there are excellent competitive options, I think for anyone that's spent a lot of time pulling Glock triggers in general, the 43 is very familiar and that trigger time transferrable.

ETA: Thank you @Tom_Jones for making my favorite Glock even more bestest with a SCD.
    Last edited by StraitR; 04-23-2018 at 07:21 PM.

G42 is the only 380 I've enjoyed shooting.

I've shot S&W, Beretta, SIG, and Ruger .380's. Polymer and metal framed and hated them all until the G42 came along.

I will say that the G42 is the best .380 Glock there is... but for me it's not small enough to justify .380 vs. 9mm.

Here's my ranking:
    1. G19 (Gen4 or Gen5)
    2. G17 (Gen4 or Gen5)
    3. G43
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-23-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Isn’t the G43 only SLIGHTLY larger than a G42, and therefore, just about as pocketable?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Isn’t the G43 only SLIGHTLY larger than a G42, and therefore, just about as pocketable?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    The 43 looks and feels a lot larger(and heavier) to me when handling them. The 42 is too big for me to pocket carry(although other people seem to have no problem with it). The 43 isn't even close to pocketable for me.

User Tag List