Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42, best Glock pistol there is

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My early manufacture 42 had a heavy trigger. The one I replaced it with this year, has the same revised connector as comes in current 43 pistols, and is darn good. I have relegated my j frame to snake shot duty, on walks in the desert, and the 42 is now my bug.

Attachment 25711
    How do you like that holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    The G42 can't do anything that a good snubbie revolver loaded with wadcutters can't do better. Ha!
    Shoot 7 rounds uninterrupted...
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I see that you didn't mention reload time and ease either, truly a gentleman
    #RESIST

42s are shooting machines. The FAST with a 42 https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

PS - I know, the finger didn't leave the trigger guard on the reload. Bad.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-24-2018 at 07:19 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Drew78 View Post
    How do you like that holster?
    Takes some technique to draw from, as you have to hook it on your pocket, but it is thin and ambi.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  believe1.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  17.7 KB

..but can't.
    Taking a break from social media.

@GJM:
    JHC is trailblazing with a 42 F.A.S.T.(!), so I think you should press forward with shooting Mr. Whites tests with a pocketed 42(!?!).
    It’s the right thing to do for research...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @GJM:
    JHC is trailblazing with a 42 F.A.S.T.(!), so I think you should press forward with shooting Mr. Whites tests with a pocketed 42(!?!).
    It’s the right thing to do for research...
    Good idea. I think he's BTDT with a 43. He should go Turbo with a 42.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Takes some technique to draw from, as you have to hook it on your pocket, but it is thin and ambi.
    I was going to ask the same question. I keep hoping BFG puts that holster out in a J-frame model... but so far, I have not seen it. They said at one point it was "coming soon"... but I think it's been a year or more now.

I shot both a 42 and 43 at the rental range a while back, and was pretty impressed at how shootable they both were. Triggers on them are maybe a bit better than the Gen3/4 Glocks I'm used to. I didn't shoot the 42 past 15 yards, but the 43 held up ok even out to 25 yards. I'm currently a Glock 19 guy most of the time, but a 43, and maybe a 42, are both on my list (along with Gadgets, most likely). My biggest hangup on the 42 is that I'd have to start stocking .380 ammo ( and reloading for it probably).

I did just sell the Kel-Tec P-32 I had for a long time (was a great "no gun" gun, mine ran well with hot euro ammo) so I don't have a pocketable auto anymore. The 42 blew the Kel-Tec away as far as shooting went, accuracy wise. Much easier to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I see that you didn't mention reload time and ease either, truly a gentleman
    "New York" reloads are likely faster.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Being that it takes 1.557 .380 rounds to equal one .38 Special round, that equates to about 4.493 rounds equivalent in the G42. My Colt DS holds 6 so....

And guys, I own a G42 also. Just thought I'd throw that in. Even shoot it regularly!

User Tag List