Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Glock 42, best Glock pistol there is

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Think business casual office setting where you’re running around in a button up shirt and slacks all day and could be randomly called upon to go rack a server or crawl underneath someone’s desk.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    I find pocket carry even less convenient if I am crawling/laying/etc. Not much to retain the gun - it either flops around in the pocket or slides out of the pocket entirely. Admittedly the only pocket holster i've tried is the desantis nemesis but I would be a lot more comfortable with a good AIWB holster, personally. I tried changing my oil with a pocket holster once and had to swap it out for an AIWB holster for this reason.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone ever used the Vedder Pocket Locker or something similar? I kinda like the concept of the thumb tab.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/pocket-locker/

Have one similar. Might even be one. The guy who sold it to me didn’t remember who made it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I find pocket carry even less convenient if I am crawling/laying/etc. Not much to retain the gun - it either flops around in the pocket or slides out of the pocket entirely. Admittedly the only pocket holster i've tried is the desantis nemesis but I would be a lot more comfortable with a good AIWB holster, personally. I tried changing my oil with a pocket holster once and had to swap it out for an AIWB holster for this reason.
    A real holster instead of a padded cloth pouch might work better.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A real holster instead of a padded cloth pouch might work better.
    It would certainly mitigate problem #2, but not so much problem #1. Either way, I pocket carry infrequently enough that it's a non-issue to me.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone ever used the Vedder Pocket Locker or something similar? I kinda like the concept of the thumb tab.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/pocket-locker/

I have not tried this holster, but it does look like it could work well.

As compared to my recommendation of the Aholster http://www.lefthandholster.com/pocket-aholster.html

The curved bottom edge of the Aholster allows the gun to sit in a more natural position in the pocket, while a flat botom edge will push the rear sight towards the centerline, increasing printing.

The hook by the rear sight on the Aholster is what I use to hook my pants pocket lip and separate the holster from the gun. The vedder holster, and the vast majority of other pocket holsters, have no such hook.

The Vedder holster could be taken out of its shipping container and used as is, while the Aholster requires rounding of the hook by the rear sight and covering that hook with Moleskin to avoid putting holes in your pockets.

One thing that is critical with pocket holsters is getting the level of retention right. It should be enough to retain the gun under normal use, but not as much as a typical belt or IWB holster. It is not attached to anything, so separating the gun from the holster must be easier.

I would be quick to try the Vedder holster, particularly for any gun or gun/accessory combination for which the Aholster is not made.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    while the Aholster requires rounding of the hook by the rear sight and covering that hook with Moleskin to avoid putting holes in your pockets.
    You can request a more paddle shaped top hook on the aholster. I have two each for my G42/G43 and they don't poke holes anymore. I do wish the holsters were a smidge tighter on the pistols though.
    Adam

Cabelas has the best Glock ever on sale $339, and it comes in a tactical flavor. (didn't know where else to post this)

https://www.cabelas.com/product/GLOC...LS/2554642.uts

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    Cabelas has the best Glock ever on sale $339, and it comes in a tactical flavor. (didn't know where else to post this)

https://www.cabelas.com/product/GLOC...LS/2554642.uts
    And the model on sale is FDE. That is hard to lay off of.

User Tag List